Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Vicar of Dibley

Just missed the first part on iPlayer then. Is there any way I can download the episode?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    What day was it on? I've been looking on the BBC iPlayer but it's not on.
    the 1st part was on saturday 29th dec at 9.10pm and the 2nd part is on this wednesday 9th jan at 9pm. well worth another watch!
    i missed the second part as I was away last year so I am really happy it is going to be repeated this week
    Super Mod

i like the episode where she dreams that the guy is getting married to someone else and she gets up and starts singing it shoulda been me and all the guys start dancing lol

i saw a deal in zavvi the complete box set of VOD for £40
    Maisie Mouse

Isn't Zavvi a random name? Whoever thought of it is a genius.

I do like Dibley but I always seem to miss it when it's on. And now its finished for good
    Thanks CrazyLea

it used to virgin but now its zavvi
    Maisie Mouse

Bishop of Dibley to return?

The Vicar of Dibley could be making a return to our TV screens - as a woman bishop, Dawn French has revealed.
    She told an audience at Cheltenham Literature Festival that she believes writer Richard Curtis has a new series about her best-loved character up his sleeve.
    When The Vicar Of Dibley ended with Geraldine's wedding, the plan was that it would all be so final that there could never be any revival, Dawn told an audience of about 1,000 at Cheltenham Town Hall.
    But she discovered after the end of series party that Richard Curtis had asked for the Dibley set to be kept in storage and not destroyed.
    Dawn said: "Richard agreed to a proper ending. After filming the wedding we had a lovely big party.
    "As I was leaving the party the producer came up to me and said: 'You do realise that Richard has asked us to store the set?'
    "So your guess is as good as mine. All I am saying is that Richard has got his eye on the ball.
    "There are conversations, obviously, in the Anglican Church about female bishops - so watch this space!"

Dawn revealed that when she filmed the famous moment where she falls into a deep puddle it was a cold mid-November day - so the crew used warm water to make it less unpleasant for her.
    "But of course that meant there was steam and you could see it so we had to take the warm water out and put the cold back in.
    "With scenes like that you just have to pretend you are a kid and think: 'I'm going to love this.'
    "The problem actually was getting out of the puddle again, I am heavy anyway and with all these clothes on I was drenched and even heavier.
    "It was absolutely freezing - but I did have a secret wee! Don't tell anyone."
    Asked how she enjoyed working with Emma Chambers, who plays simpleton Alice, Dawn said: "She is really one of the brightest people you could ever wish to meet. That goes to show what a good actress she is."
    Dawn said a lot of people auditioned for the role of Alice but Emma was the only one who understood it did not have to be played as a 'thicko' but as someone who lived and believed in another world altogether.
    "In fact I wanted that part more than I wanted the part I played because I could see what the jokes were," said Dawn.
    She said that although French and Saunders is now coming to an end after 30 years - she and Jennifer Saunders are in the last 3 weeks of their stage version of the show in the West End - they will work together again.
    "We will always work together but we just don't want to do the sketch show format any more," said Dawn.
    "We did it for 30 years and I did The Vicar Of Dibley for 30 years."
    Dawn was at the festival to promote her autobiography Dear Fatty in which she recounts some of the tragedies of her life - particularly the suicide of her father when she was 19 - as well as the funny moments.

I love this show

Damian Lewis (Homeland) is starring in a one special tonight for Comic Relief

Thread Information