Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Discussion - No Spoilers

I started doing that a couple of weeks ago ive only got about 200 pages left of book six!! I really struggled to read book 5 dont know why though cause i always thought it was one of the better books

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    I started doing that a couple of weeks ago ive only got about 200 pages left of book six!! I really struggled to read book 5 dont know why though cause i always thought it was one of the better books
    My favourite in Book 4. It's just the right length and has a real Jonathan Creek mystery feel about it!

i really cant wait although i have noticed there arent as many spoilers as before on this book - Which i actually think is a good cause i want to all be a suprise. Ive booked the weekend off and no one better not txt email or even look at me until im finished lol

I didn't see the ears. Does look like Dobby.

Unhappy

no one better not txt email or even look at me until im finished lol
    I'm the same, I don't want to be disturbed at all until I've totally finished it! Although I don't really want to finish it as it's the last one! It will be strange never having a Harry Potter book to look forward to again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    no one better not txt email or even look at me until im finished lol
    I'm the same, I don't want to be disturbed at all until I've totally finished it! Although I don't really want to finish it as it's the last one! It will be strange never having a Harry Potter book to look forward to again.
    omg our right - we'll never be able to get excited about Harry again!! we will only have 3 more movies to look forward to. Omg what are we going to do after 2010 when the books and movies are finshed. Oh rob youve really depressed me now!!!!

So excited! On Monday I finally decided I will have to start book 5 over again and finish it off as I still haven't finished reading it!! I am nearly done now, going to read no6 over Easter holidays and wait in anticipation for book 7!!

I finally finished reading the last 200 pages.. took me 3 hours I haven't been reading in a long time but once I got near the ending I just couldn't stop reading!..

The bit about which Dumboldore said it was either Harry or Voldmort to live reminds me of Book 7.. 2 charcters will die? I'm thinking it's Harry because otherwise the books may be continued in some way... and someone else. Or something goes wrong and they die together.

Well not sure yet obviously but I guess I have to get Book 6 and see what else I find.. God I was crying loads once Siruis slipped behind the viel and everytime his name was mentioned Bad I know!

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    I finally finished reading the last 200 pages.. took me 3 hours I haven't been reading in a long time but once I got near the ending I just couldn't stop reading!..

The bit about which Dumboldore said it was either Harry or Voldmort to live reminds me of Book 7.. 2 charcters will die? I'm thinking it's Harry because otherwise the books may be continued in some way... and someone else. Or something goes wrong and they die together.

Well not sure yet obviously but I guess I have to get Book 6 and see what else I find.. God I was crying loads once Siruis slipped behind the viel and everytime his name was mentioned Bad I know!
    I hated it when Sirius died. Harry finally had somebody who would take care of him and love him like his parents would have done (aside from the Weasleys). And then evil Bellatrix Lestrange killed him.

I'm not sure if Harry will die. I like to live by the "good always wins out" phrase. So I'm hoping Voldermort will die and the Wizarding World will be the happy place it once was. I'm not sure who I want to die, it's so hard to decide.

I think this book is going to be so different because there won't be much of Hogwarts in it, which was what made the books interesting for me. And no Dumbledore either . Who's going to help Harry? I don't think there's another wizard that can match Dumbledore's intelligence except Voldermort.

april fool from mugglenet - had me going for a minute

Last Sunday, we received a very, very surprising call from the Harry Potter publishers. They wanted us to have a preview of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. As you can imagine, we were utterly flabbergasted. We, just like you, weren't ready to read the book, but we couldn't pass up that opportunity, now could we?

There's a catch. The publishers requested we only inform them of our thoughts on the book, and not post them online. But we really can't do that to you guys! Only a few of our staff members have so far finished it, and a little glimpse at their feelings can be read below. More will be added throughout the day. Enjoy...and shhh!

**Spoiler Alert**

"Dumbledore's triumphant resurrection, complete with the gaudy descent from the heavens on Sirius' motorbike was completely and utterly unnecessary...but at least we now know where the motorbike actually is and the significance of where it went after Book 1." -Brendan

"I couldn't believe Snape was the long lost love child of Aberforth and that goat. It explains so much, including Severus' appearance. And we now know why he told Harry to never call him a 'cow'-ard, because he was in fact part goat." -Micah

"It was great to find out what happened to Ollivander. I loved it when he walked into the Order meeting wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt, a straw hat and sunglasses and received a room full of blank stares. It was particularly funny when Lupin turned and said, 'Well, look who decided to show .'" -Andrew

"You know, I always had an inkling that there was more to Hermione than meets the eye; her immediate knack with magic, and her irregular mood swings towards supposed 'friends,' Harry and Ron. I should have known she'd switch to the Dark side eventually. I just wish she hadn't killed the whole of Ravenclaw in the process - I suppose it was just her annoyance at not being sorted there initially." -Ciaran

"Funny how things turn out, who would have thought Ron would become the ninth member of The Weird Sisters. Ron with long hair and living the rock star life? Shocking!" -Rachel

"I couldn't believe Harry slipped on a slice of carrot cake and fractured his pelvis. I thought it was uncalled for humor in an otherwise serious and superb book." -Jamie

"I never thought the wizarding world would get their revenge on Snape; however, I commend JKR for proving me wrong. The Order using spells to hold Snape down and wash his hair multiple times was the worst kind of punishment imaginable for him." -Mandie

"So Dudley's worst memory when attacked by the Dementor was being told he had to diet." - Nick

"I still laugh every time I think about Draco and those geese. I guess it's not just sleeping dragons you're not suppose to tickle." - Natalie

Thread Information