Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Discussion - No Spoilers

Arrow 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Discussion - No Spoilers

Author JK Rowling has revealed the title of the seventh and final Harry Potter book.
    It will be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The announcement was made on the writer's official website.

Despite the publication date not being known, the book is tipped to be a big seller, like the rest in the series.

Speculation about the plot has surrounded the book after Rowling admitted two characters will die - some think it could be Harry Potter himself.

'Elated and overwrought'

The title has certainly got some fans excited.

Harry, 13, from Leicestershire emailed BBC Newsround and said: "It sounds interesting, but a bit sinister."

Book chain Waterstone's children's buyer, Sam Harrison, said the announcement had been greeted with "huge excitement" among Potter fans.

"This is a wonderfully intriguing and ominous title, with all the sense of magic and adventure that any true Potter fan has come to love and expect," Harrison added.

I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more

JK Rowling

The last book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, broke UK records by shifting just over two million copies on its first day of release.

Sales of all Harry Potter titles now total more than 52 million worldwide.

This week Rowling revealed how she has gone back to writing in cafes - as she did 13 years ago when starting to write about the boy wizard.

She has also admitted how she has been dreaming of the character.

Writing on her website she described it as an "epic dream" where she was Harry and the narrator simultaneously.

THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the US)
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

In a recent web posting, she said she has been working hard on the last book.

"I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more," she said.

She also described feeling "alternately elated and overwrought" at writing it and joked she cannot decide if she wants to finish it or not.

The first four novels in the series have been turned into films, while the fifth, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is currently in production and is due for release in July 2007.

Helena Bonham Carter joins the cast as the evil Bellatrix Lestrange and Imelda Staunton will play the part of dark arts teacher Dolores Umbridge.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

Abbie (29-12-2006)

Woooohooooo, can't wait to find out what happens, although not sure if i'll want to finnish reading it when i do get it, as it will all be over

That sounds like a fab name! Sounds like its going to be a great end to an even greater book.

Can't wait!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I'm so excited, but almost don't want it to be released, knowing its the last book....mixed emotions.....

I want the book to be realised but yet i dont want it all to be over. HOwever it makes a lot of sense for jk rowling to kill harry off because it means no other autor can write a sequal to the series

Its odd with it being the last book and the characters growing up with me as i was 10 when Harry was 10. In this book he will be really old.

If two people are going to die I wonder if one will be Harry and the other will be Voldemort.
    I can't wait for the new book to come out. It will be the end of an era Its a shame she's only making it a 7 part series but I suppose she can't make Harry stories last forever and convincing.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I've seen a couple of theories....

One of them...the people that have "died" (if Dumbledore really is dead as there are a lot of theories etc that Snape and Dumbledore faked Dumbledores death ) are only those that have actually said Voldemorts name. So if thats the case, apart from Harry, only Prof Lupin and Hermione are the only two other characters that aren't worried about saying his actual name...

Another thought I've seen, is from when Prof Trelawny first came onto the scene. It was holiday time at Hogwarts and everyone was sat down to dinner and Trelawny shouted out for Harry and Ron not to stand up because they were dining at a table with 13 sat at it. She replied, "Thirteen to dine, First to rise is the first to die" and both Harry and Ron ignore her and both stand up at the same time.

Could this be the case?!
    Last edited by Jojo; 22-12-2006 at 21:44.

Harry Potter to be killed off?

Harry Potter's arch enemy, Lord Voldemort, is the odds-on favourite to kill off the famous boy wizard in the final instalment of the series.
    Bookmaker William Hill said Potter punters are throwing their weight behind Voldemort - and even Harry himself - to bring about the demise of the schoolboy.
    The revelation comes just days after the name of JK Rowling's long-awaited seventh book was revealed as Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.
    Now that the title is in the open, the bookie said Potter fans have switched their attention to the question of who might kill the popular magical hero.
    Multi-millionaire Rowling recently hinted that two characters are expected to die in the finale - and Harry himself might not survive.
    William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams said of the recent betting trends: "JK mentioned that Harry might be killed off and the general consensus seems to be that Harry is the final Horcrux and to ensure that Voldemort dies he will need to be sacrificed."
    He added: "Most of the early money has been for Harry, who has been cut from 10/1 to 6/1.Voldemort remains the odds-on favourite."

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i think the boy will die - i think both he and voldemort will be killed off in the final chapter

i think dumbledore has really gone and wont be coming back (sob)

although - i still like my original theory that the boook will end at harry and ginny's wedding

Thread Information