Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Eastenders is getting more boring with each episode!!!

I think the problem with Eastenders is partly it being stuck with 'old family values', combined with bad script writing (the 9/11 episode, particularly) and its loss of touch with reality.

I think there's the potential for many kinds of storylines.

*it would be nice to see male victims of domestic abuse, or rape etc. for once to show the other side. They always have women as the victims.
    *homosexuality - sorry to any homophobes, but it is much more accepted than it used to be, they can get civil parnerships. Having 'the token gay character' like Derek is not good enough, not when you can explore other issues such as coming to terms with sexuality, homophobia, relationships etc.
    *im sorry, but not all teenagers are chavs! It would be nice to see some teenagers who are actually slightly alternative. Fair dos for Corrie on their goth phase storyline but come on! Hollyoaks seems to handle it better.
    *mental illness/depression - they have Jean, but they really haven't explored it as much as they can do. The Joe Wicks storyline was brilliant, if they could grasp some of that creativity, then great. Although the rate Eastenders is going, everyone should be on Prozac.
    *humor - eastenders currently doesn't have the same sort of variety of humor and drama that soaps like emmerdale and corrie have. Sometimes good things do happen to people!
    Danny: but i haven't shaved yet
    Alfie: don't worry darlin, no-ones going to see those lovely legs of yours

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherryz For This Useful Post:

Richie_lecturer (28-01-2007)

*homosexuality - sorry to any homophobes, but it is much more accepted than it used to be, they can get civil parnerships. Having 'the token gay character' like Derek is not good enough, not when you can explore other issues such as coming to terms with sexuality, homophobia, relationships etc.
    That was already tackled with Sonia and Naomi. Very badly, I'll admit, but nevertheless, still done.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    That was already tackled with Sonia and Naomi. Very badly, I'll admit, but nevertheless, still done.
    It was tackled years ago very succesfull with Michael Cashman. Then EE WAS hard hitting drama not the tosh it is now
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I thought last night's episode was really good - really gripping. It was an excellent twist.

not a bad episode,but no one could honestly say-i didn't see that one coming,thats one of ee problems they are to predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by callummc View Post
    not a bad episode,but no one could honestly say-i didn't see that one coming,thats one of ee problems they are to predictable.
    Yes everything is telegraphed so as even the simplest of minds can understand it

I hope this year they really up the ante on the show and come up with some really great and challenging storylines. I don't think we need another carousel of characters just yet - there's a lot of potential with many current ones, so new additions seems unnecessary, but axing characters such as Gus and Naomi who have had their run would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryz View Post
    I hope this year they really up the ante on the show and come up with some really great and challenging storylines. .
    2006 storylines were challenging enough. Challenging belief that anyone could write such rubbish and ill thought out nonsense

lol! maybe they should employ us to write storylines

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryz View Post
    lol! maybe they should employ us to write storylines
    Judging by some of the scripts and posts on here that would be an excellent idea rather than the luvvies who are doing so now.

Thread Information