Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten Murder Suspects Revealed - Contains Other Spoilers

Ten Murder Suspects Revealed - Contains Other Spoilers

'Emmerdale' murder suspects revealed

Friday, December 1 2006, 00:21 GMT

As Emmerdale's much-anticipated interactive murder storyline draws closer to its dramatic opening, the programme makers today revealed the names of the 10 'suspects'.

The Dales' Tom King, played by Ken Farrington, is sensationally bumped off on Christmas Day - the same day he weds fiancée Rosemary Sinclair (Linda Thorson).

The identity of his killer will remain a mystery for several months during which time, viewers will watch as DCI Grace Barraclough (Glynis Barber) and Detective Vikesh Dasari (Stephen Rahman Hughes) attempt to unmask the cold-blooded culprit.

The suspects were today named as:

Name: Bob Hope (Tony Audenshaw)
    Relationship to victim: Sworn enemy
    Motive: Emotional revenge
    Case history: Negligence on the Kings’ part caused July’s house collapse. Bob blames the family for the death of his daughter in the incident.
    Did Tom deserve to die? "Maybe. I hated the man. He’s hurt a lot of people, me included. I’d rather have seen him in court than dead though."

Name: Carl King (Tom Lister)
    Relationship to victim: Son and business partner
    Motive: Emotional Revenge
    Case history: Tom put paid to his relationship with Chas and tries to control his life at every turn.
    Did your dad deserve to die? "Look, I’ll be honest with you. There were times when me and dad didn’t see eye to eye. He was so controlling and he ruined my relationship with Chas. I really resented him for that. But, I would never have wished him dead. He was my dad."

Name: Rosemary King (Linda Thorson)
    Relationship to victim: New wife
    Motive: Financial and emotional revenge
    Case history: Rosemary is shocked to learn that Tom has set up a trust fund for his estate to go to his sons, rather than to her. She only has temporary control of the business.
    Did Tom deserve to die? "No, Tom did not deserve to die. Tom has struggled to make things work with everybody in his way. He is actually a just person."

Name: Chastity Dingle (Lucy Pargeter)
    Relationship to victim: Son’s ex-fiancée
    Case history: Chas has felt compromised ever since the house collapse. It was only her relationship with Carl that kept her from saying more until her morals got the better of her. Tom, seeing her as a liability, paid her off to leave by threatening to disinherit Carl.
    Did Tom deserve to die? "Look, I may have wanted to see him pay for what he did, but I didn’t kill him."

Name: Terry Woods (Billy Hartman)
    Relationship to victim: Former employee. Ex-husband of Dawn who was killed in house collapse, father to her son.
    Case history: For the perceived murder of his ex-wife leading to a break up with his partner Jean who subsequently fled the country with his son TJ (her grandson).
    Did Tom deserve to die? "Yes. I’m glad someone had the guts to do it. He nearly ruined my life."

Name: Len Reynolds (Peter Martin)
    Relationship to victim: No direct relationship, close friend of Tom’s former PA, Edna.
    Case history: Tom hurt Edna, love of Len’s life. Tom threatened blackmail which forced her to expose her secret.
    Did Tom deserve to die? "He was a nasty piece of work and I won’t shed one single tear now he’s gone.Edna will never be able to trust anyone again. I hate him for that."

Name: Jamie Hope (Alex Carter)
    Relationship to victim: Employee and brother of Dawn who was killed in house collapse
    Case history: Blames the Kings for the death of Dawn and the resulting departure from the country of his mother and nephew
    Did Tom deserve to die? "Nobody deserves to die, not even him. I don’t think whoever did it intended to kill him."

Name: Grayson Sinclair (Christopher Villiers)
    Relationship to victim: New Son-In-law of victim
    Motive: Fear and revenge
    Case history: Tom intended to give everything to his sons instead of leaving the estate to his mother Rosemary, thus taking away her financial security. Tom also taunted him and threatened to expose him as gay.
    Did Tom deserve to die? "I just didn’t want him to be part of our family and if he’d ever done anything to hurt my mother... But murder? I’m not that sort of man."

Name: Jimmy King (Nick Miles)
    Case history: Tom has always held Jimmy back – favouring either Matthew or Carl in the business, even though Jimmy is the eldest. Jimmy also blames Tom for the house collapse due to the pressure he put upon him.
    Did your dad deserve to die? "Of course he didn’t. I won’t lie. He made my life hell sometimes. We’re a close family but we didn’t always see eye to eye. At the end of the day he was my dad and I loved him."

Name: Matthew King (Matt Healy)
    Case history: Tom previously cut him off from the family and business during his relationship with Sadie, and has made life difficult ever since. He since threatened to cut Matthew out of his will.
    Did your dad deserve to die? "What kind of a question is that? Of course he didn’t. I admit that we had our disagreements, as he did with Jimmy and Carl. It was difficult to know where I stood with him sometimes."

Well 9/10 ain't bad, plus I guessed the motives correctly too

Out of the three sons Matt is the only one who could do it and be strong enough and clever enough to get away with it, Jimmy and Carl would just crumble. Matt would probably pin the blame on one of the other 9.

For me though I think it would have to be Len or Terry. Terry being the favourite as he would have the most impact on the whodunnit saga. There again there could be more than one person whodunnit.
    Last edited by Babe14; 01-12-2006 at 08:36.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

So Carl and Chas split up? It should be a good couple of episodes over Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j
    So Carl and Chas split up? It should be a good couple of episodes over Christmas
    Looks like in Carl's absence Tom pays Chas to leave and also threatens to cut Carl out of his Will if she doesn't leave. Chas' loyalty has been doubtfully towards Carl and The Kings ever since the House collapse, so I think that this is for the best.

Also looks like Tom is turning evil and we will probably want to knock him off ourselves!

I think that another good twist would be if Grayson and Matt were the ones who killed Tom, if anyone could get away with it, it has to be these two.

I've signed up on the Emmerdale website to take part in that Who killed Tom game kinda thing there starting on xmas day!

Anyone else?

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I did and I don't watch Emmerdale

I think it's Jimmy, he will crack shortly and see Tom as the person stopping him from coming clean and moving on.

I'm gonna go for Jamie...the whole "I don't think whoever did it intended to kill him" strikes me as a little too much like the truth. Maybe Jamie wanted to hurt him but it went too far.

when you eliminate the impossible, whatever left, no matter how improbable, must be the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rain_
    I'm gonna go for Jamie...the whole "I don't think whoever did it intended to kill him" strikes me as a little too much like the truth. Maybe Jamie wanted to hurt him but it went too far.

when you eliminate the impossible, whatever left, no matter how improbable, must be the answer
    I think its Jamie but only because he is a character that wouldnt be missed from Emmerdale if he was sent to Soapwood Scrubs
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Even though Tom's sons have all the motives and reasons I don't think any of them would actually kill him, the Kings stab each other in the back etc but if one of them is in trouble or hurt they always pull together.
    Matt like I said could do it and get away with it but he's motive IMO is too weak and he would sort things out another way, although we have seen a hint of a darker side to him..

Yes Jamie could be the one but I don't think he would be strong enough to cover his tracks until the Spring.

Also I will be signing up for the whodunnit of course!
    Last edited by Babe14; 02-12-2006 at 07:21.

if jamie did do it there is a chance he might tell bob and he'd maybe keep him strong in order to not lose another kid.

I don't know why but I see len doing it...you do some funny things for love and I can see him with a dark side. I really don't think it'll be one of the obvious suspects.

Thread Information