Thread: out with the old

out with the old

If you thought Karen McDonald was high maintenance, spare a thought for poor Paul Connor.

So far we've put his world-weary attitude and dour expressions down to being driven round the bend by his madcap younger brother Liam, but now we know different.

As the winter draws on we'll be meeting Paul's other half – and let's just say she's no shrinking violet.

Carla Connor is glamorous, ruthless and what she wants, Paul has to get for her.

It seems that when it comes to their relationship, the harassed husband is anything but in control – and with Carla determined to launch her own business, he'll be surrendering to her desires yet again!

We can't wait to meet Carla. With Karen gone and Frankie on her way out, there's been an absence for a fashion-loving lady with a demanding streak.

And we've got a feeling that this relationship, between two enigmatic and deeply dark characters, is going to be fascinating stuff!

Talking of complex relationships there's a final, brutal twist to come in the Danny and Jamie saga.

We already know that Danny's about to discover that the bond between stepmother and stepson is more complex than he'd ever imagined – leading to a brutal canal side punch up.

But rather than it being Danny who ends the situation once and for all with violence, it looks like Jamie might be a darker character than we'd ever imagined.

Following the terrible confrontation, father and son will be keeping out of each other's way. But when Danny – in the depths of despair – decides to take a bottle of whiskey to a high bridge, it looks like Jamie may decide to help him on his way down!

We've heard of doing anything for love, Jamie, but don't do that!

Meanwhile, Frankie is going to be wondering just who's she's involved with when Danny's disappearance becomes the talk of the town. Should have stuck with Liam, Frank!

Finally, it's hard to imagine how anyone could be more troublesome than Tracy Barlow. But, for a while, her stepsibling Peter made her look like an angel!

And its our pleasure to report that Weatherfield's love rat bookie is going to make a brief return next year as Peter comes to see his little sister.

After hearing talk of her brutal treatment at the hands of cheating Charlie Stubbs, Peter will make the trip up from Portsmouth to spend time with his “vulnerable” relative.

But little does he know that Tracy merely needs another witness to corroborate her depiction of Charlie as a violent psycho who's abusing her!

Mind you, it's not like Peter and Charlie won't have other subjects to chat over aside from Tracy. We imagine that Shelley Unwin will be pretty high on the list of topics…

I'm glad Peter is returning but he be back before or after Charlie's murder

I'm pretty sure he returns before Charlie's death.

I wish they would bring back Peter back full time he is such a great charecter.

Sounds good with Peter's return. I liked him.

And that new woman sounds quite good.. will hold my judgement though

Quote Originally Posted by crazylea
    And that new woman sounds quite good.. will hold my judgement though
    Agreed honey a new "Karen MacDonald" is just wait the Street needs at the moment with Tracy Barlow going at some point.

Yeah they will need some more power women around as alot of the women are leaving and the street is getting left with the older generation and they need people to keep up to date with the times. Sounds like Carla will fit the part brilliantly.

I cant wait for Alison King to join as Carla i think shse a great actress.

Thread Information