Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EastEnders sack Wossy's mum

EastEnders sack Wossy's mum

EASTENDERS bosses have sacked Jonathan Ross’s actress mum — after she leaked a top secret Christmas storyline.

Veteran extra Martha Ross, 67, has played a Bridge Street market trader for 21 years.

She recently filmed scenes with Wendy Richard (Pauline Fowler) after the star asked producers for her to be in them.

But Martha later revealed details of Pauline’s explosive exit to her other son Paul, a radio DJ — who repeated them on his LBC show.

Bosses of the BBC1 soap hit the roof. A furious senior production worker rang Martha’s agent and told her: “She’ll never work for EastEnders again — her son Paul has ruined her career.”

An irate Paul then rang the Beeb and allegedly launched into a foul-mouthed tirade. The person who answered was apparently told: “Drop dead.”

Pals claim upset Martha was further insulted when she was asked to lend her coat to a replacement extra to finish the shoot. The show wasted £100 of taxpayers’ money on a taxi to pick it up.

A friend of Martha’s said last night: “She was treated so badly, it’s a disgrace. She’s worked on EastEnders for 21 years and has only ever been a loyal actress.

“The storylines are always well known beforehand anyway. Besides, Paul only has about 100,000 listeners.” A show insider hit back: “We’re fuming about this.”

A BBC spokeswoman said: “She was in breach of her contract.”

TV BIZ is campaigning for Martha to get her job back. Email support to [email protected]

Source: The Sun 16.11.06

she should of never of revealed the storyline but they should not of sacked her

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    If its a breach of contract, its a breach of contract....

Sorry, but she knew that Paul was bound to let these details slip especially such a "big, explosive" storyline such as Paulines exit. She should have been in the business long enough to know that you can't breach your contract of employment and expect no come backs from it.

i didnt know that was jonathan's mum!!!!!

seriously, did she think her son Paul would keep quiet..especially with it being such an explosive storyline thats meant to be very hush hush..eh no!!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Honestly she breached contract plain and simple, now I wonder if EE will go and change Paulines exit now, cos of blabber mouth Martha ??
    I guess her son is hoping to draw in more than 100,000 listeners with that piece of info... what a muppet

if its a breach of contract then she should be sacked. i still dont know what happens though

Breach of contract fine. But how on earth can they justify £ 100 0f the taxpayers money for a taxi to pick up a coat. EE should be glad of the publicity. How often to the folks at Elstree deliberately leak storylines. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

i actually agree she should be sacked,but so should anyone else who leeks storylines and the beeb have not activly tried to plug leeks before,if the coat belonged to ee why had she took it home in the first place,she should have payed to return it,EE and their moneywasting should be better controlled by the beeb as should their workforce

If she has broke the rules and been in breach of contract then yes she should be sacked. But the same rule should apply to everyone not just extras on the show. I bet she is cursing her son Paul for opening his big fat gob. Has the man no brains

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information