View Poll Results: What do you think of Amy Winehouse?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love her, music legend in the making.

10 21.74%
  • I like her music, she's got talent.

13 28.26%
  • I can take her or leave her.

5 10.87%
  • I'm not too keen on her, what's the fuss about?

9 19.57%
  • I hate her, sounds like a drunken man.

9 19.57%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    I'm the same Shiv - I like to listen to upbeat things that make me feel happy, not songs that make me feel so darn depressed...

Maybe its an age thing?!

Jokes....*puts scissor sisters back on*
    It must be age.. give me I dont' feel like dancing above Whinehouse anyday.. yes I know I wrote Whinehouse, cause that is what I feel like she does.. Whine!!!
    Super Mod

I'm figuring a lot of Amy's fans have only started to pick up on her since Back To Black when major. But some of her old stuff is just as amazing.

You'll see in these videos how she looked before she became the Amy that everyone knows now lol

Going to see Amy at the NIA on 14th November! wooo!

Tickets are now on sale for her 2nd round of nationwide gigs:

http://www.seetickets.com/gat/event.asp?e|artist=AMY+WINEHOUSE&e|promoter=372&fi ller1=gigsandtours

Amy Winehouse has signed up to star in an episode of The Simpsons after show creator Matt Groening reportedly asked her to appear.

The 'Rehab' singer is understood to be in plans to be made into a Simpsons character and will bump into Lisa Simpson in a blues bar in the episode.

Previous famous faces that have been 'Simpsonised' include Sir Paul McCartney, The White Stripes and Michael Jackson.

A show insider said: "Amy is huge in America right now. She was asked if she would consider making an appearance on the show and she agreed. Apparently she is a big fan.”

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    Amy Winehouse has signed up to star in an episode of The Simpsons after show creator Matt Groening reportedly asked her to appear.

The 'Rehab' singer is understood to be in plans to be made into a Simpsons character and will bump into Lisa Simpson in a blues bar in the episode.

Previous famous faces that have been 'Simpsonised' include Sir Paul McCartney, The White Stripes and Michael Jackson.

A show insider said: "Amy is huge in America right now. She was asked if she would consider making an appearance on the show and she agreed. Apparently she is a big fan.”
    hhhhmmm yeah thats good lets show kids that famous druggies are cool

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (09-08-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    Going to see Amy at the NIA on 14th November! wooo!

Tickets are now on sale for her 2nd round of nationwide gigs:

http://www.seetickets.com/gat/event.asp?e|artist=AMY+WINEHOUSE&e|promoter=372&fi ller1=gigsandtours

Let hope she doesn't cancel and head to the pub instead
    Super Mod

From Yahoo:

Winehouse recovers from 'overdose'
    (Thursday August 09, 2007 10:41 AM)

Troubled jazz star Amy Winehouse is recovering after reportedly suffering a drugs overdose.

The singer who has admitted to taking drugs in the past, was taken to a London hospital and discharged within a few hours under strict instructions to rest.

The Rehab star has confessed to using cannabis and cocaine and her recent dramatic weight loss has been clear.

The star was due on stage at a music festival in Norway but was forced to cancel the gig due to "severe exhaustion", according to her record company.

A spokesman for Island Records said: "Scheduled performances in Norway and Denmark this week have been cancelled."

It is the latest in a string of cancellations by the 23-year-old, who recently received three nominations at the MTV Video Music Awards.

In the past few weeks she has pulled out of T in the Park - also citing "exhaustion" - and Liverpool's Summer Pops event.

But the Brit sensation has blamed her reputation of cancelling gigs down to being a perfectionist.

"I know it's last-minute and a bit irresponsible. But I'm a perfectionist and would rather reschedule a show than do it half-heartedly," she said.

Seems like her career is on its way out before its even started!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

POP wildcat Amy Winehouse has lifted the lid on her overdose and told the News of the World: "It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life."

WATCH IMAGES OF AMY

And we can reveal, as the troubled star spoke of her ordeal for the first time, her dad grabbed her father-in-law by the THROAT at a family gathering set up to tackle her problems.

Amy is in hiding with husband Blake Fielder-Civil and both sets of parents at a five-star, £250-a-night hotel after last week's hospital drama, when she slipped into a coma following a three-day drugs bender.

Sitting alone at breakfast yesterday Amy told us: "It was just crazy—one of the most terrifying moments of my life.

"I don't know how to explain what happened. I don't really know myself.

Sorry

"I can't remember what I looked like. I couldn't recognise myself. It was terrifying—I was terrified.

"I was so out of control. It just happened. It shocked me. I'm sorry—I just don't know what got into me."

Wearing black shorts and a T-shirt and without her trademark beehive hairdo or black make-up, Amy, 23, said: "I never want to feel that way again.

"I've scared myself this time. I was all over the place. I know things have got to change. I have to sort myself out."

Picking at a croissant, the painfully skinny star then put on a brave face and said: "I'm fine. I'll be back at work on Monday. I'm fine, honest."

Tomorrow the singer, who won Best British Female at the Brit Awards this year, is due to be supporting the Rolling Stones in Germany.

When told her legion of fans were worried about her, she looked stunned and said: "Are they? God, I'm OK. Really. I will be back to work on Monday. I have to."

Amy's life was saved by Blake, 25—who rushed her to London's University College Hospital A&E at 1am on Wednesday morning. There Amy was given an adrenaline shot.

The young star, whose string of hits include Rehab and You Know I'm No Good, had smoked heroin, snorted cocaine, taken ecstasy pills and horse tranquilliser ketamine—washed down with whisky and vodka—during the London pub crawl that led to her collapse.

After her discharge from hospital on Wednesday night, she and Blake were ordered to the Four Seasons Hotel in Hook, Hants, by her parents Mitch and Janis.

They were joined by Blake's mum and dad, Georgette and Giles and, on Friday night Amy's worried parents called an emergency summit of family and friends over dinner in the hotel's bistro—without Amy, who was kept in her suite.

But yesterday the talks erupted into WAR—and Mitch had to be pulled off Blake's dad.

At one point, he grabbed Blake's father by the throat and accused him of burying his head in the sand by insisting Amy was responsible for her own downfall.

Amy was left screaming for him to let go, as they grappled on the patio.

The feud began when Blake's parents insisted he was blameless. A family friend told the News of the World: "Mitch has become increasingly angry that Blake's mum and dad don't seem to accept he has a problem. They blame everything on Amy.

"Mitch couldn't hold his tongue and leaned close to Blake's dad to tell him what he thought. That's when it all kicked off. Blake's dad started saying, ‘Get out of my face.'"

The source continued: "He accused Mitch of trying to bully them. Then he started abusing Amy, saying some really nasty things.

"Mitch just flipped, got up, grabbed him by the throat and wouldn't let go.

"It was total chaos. Everyone was shouting, trying to get them apart. Amy was there, looking very ill, and she was shouting at her dad, ‘Let him go, get off him.' It was unbelievable."

The source went on: "You have to feel for Mitch. He's doing everything he can for his daughter. He wants her and Blake to get the treatment they need together, and thinks they need family support."

Blake, who describes himself as a music video assistant, has previously joked about smoking crack. He also idolises junkie Pete Doherty, who is writing songs with Amy.

But Mitch and Janis are worried about Amy's friendship with Doherty, as well as her relationship with wayward Blake.

A source said: "Amy's parents have known for years about her problems.

"They never accepted them, but they hoped it was something she'd grow out of.

"What happened this week was the final straw. They needed to see her on their own terms to try and get their daughter back.

"They don't trust Blake to keep her free of drugs so they are watching her while she goes through a cold-turkey detox.

"She is already looking better, and talking it out with her dad has helped her focus on what's important and what she wants from life."

Scars

Contrary to reports, Amy has NOT been to rehab since her overdose.

The source said: "They're still trying to find her a place. The doctors are with her and they're doing a whole load of tests.

"Then they are hoping to get her a place somewhere, and put her back on track."

Amy previously sparked fears she was coming off the rails when we revealed that she and Blake were self-harming together.

Pals told how the pair, who first met at a pub in Camden, north London, egged each other on and revelled in the scars they cut in their arms.

They even sported his 'n' hers slashes just a month after getting married.

Amy has also admitted to cocaine and cannabis use in the past—and told friends she fears she will die young.

But a pal said: "She's got to snap out of it. She's fatalistic and always has been but she has got to realise she's in control of her own destiny."

Source: News Of The World

Troubled Amy Winehouse is to get a 24-hour minder in a bid to stop her going off the rails again, ViP can reveal.

Family and bosses at the star's record company have convinced her she needs to be constantly shadowed by a trained chaperone.

The £30,000-a-year aide would steer Amy, 23, away from the temptation of booze and drugs.

The plan was put to the singer and her husband BLAKE FIELDERCIVIL on Friday at a crisis meeting with her concerned family and music executives at a hotel. Mum-in-law Georgette Civil admitted: "I'm worried sick."

Amy's dad Mitch called the meeting at which she and Blake, 25, were urged to explain how they planned to sort out their lives.

A source said: "Both agreed a chaperone was a good idea.

Advertisement

"People are desperately worried about Amy. Everyone around her realised there was need for urgent action.

"A chaperone seemed the only way to stop Amy hitting the drink and drugs again. She has accepted she needs someone looking over her. The last thing anyone wants is Amy turning into the female PETE DOHERTY."

The star was rushed to hospital last week after a three-day bender said to have involved cocaine, ecstacy and ketamine.

Amy, whose hits include Rehab and Back To Black, was spotted stumbling out of the home she shares with Blake in north London.

She has previously admitted using coke and marijuana and has often been seen boozing heavily.

A source close to Amy said: "A minder could put a stop to her bad ways. We hope she continues to accept that she needs someone watching over her.

"Amy must learn to stop pushing the self-destruct button."

Source: The People

Thread Information