View Poll Results: What do you think of Amy Winehouse?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love her, music legend in the making.

10 21.74%
  • I like her music, she's got talent.

13 28.26%
  • I can take her or leave her.

5 10.87%
  • I'm not too keen on her, what's the fuss about?

9 19.57%
  • I hate her, sounds like a drunken man.

9 19.57%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

The only song i like of hers is "I'm no good". I mean, i like the fact she has "flaws", but so do most good bands these days, if you go to their gigs. Hers are just too extreme, and OTT. I think she puts it on half the time, for the attention.

im growing on it i have to say, the more i hear it. Although Rehab got a bit overplayed towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    im growing on it i have to say, the more i hear it. Although Rehab got a bit overplayed towards the end.
    I must admit Rehab is one of her weaker songs, but the one shes best known for. Her others songs are much better.

It's a shame becuase shes over in the states promoting her new albumn and she keeps having to perform rehab - I think she's getting as bored of it as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk View Post
    im not too fussed on her to be honest. she may or may not have talent but i cannot see past her as a person to appreciate the music she has to offer! shes just too wierd!
    I like the fact that shes flawed, she isnt shiny shiny perfect as all these cheesy pop stars try to be, she has her faults, but she is a very talented singer and that's all matters, she brings her life experiences to her songs, raw emotion in some of her songs, especially Love Is A Loosing Game.

And everyone who slags off her voice, at least she's unique and different, maybe not your style, thats fair enough, but I happen to like it lol.
    Yes i agree and Rehab is a cult classic now

Surrey is home, Roehampton when i'm at uni
    I quite like her music but can't stand her as a person she drives me insane I swear she is constantly drunk or on something.

If anyone watches that and says they dont like her then I have no time for you The emotion in that is overwhelming, especially when she cries in it. The fact its based on real events is just heartbreaking.

I got goosebumps watching that. Reminds me of some of my own dark times. I feel like crying now I've watched that.

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    I got goosebumps watching that. Reminds me of some of my own dark times. I feel like crying now I've watched that.
    Same here. It is quite simply - music at it's best. Give me this over pop/rock music anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    If anyone watches that and says they dont like her then I have no time for you The emotion in that is overwhelming, especially when she cries in it. The fact its based on real events is just heartbreaking.
    I guess I lose my statis as DS number 1 fan.. she totally depresses me.. I can see her been liked by student (not trying to stereotype here but I found it was the same when Deeply depressing RadioHead was popular and it was mainly with students)... I like happy tunes, there is enough damn sadness in the world without having our music reflect it
    Super Mod

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Jojo (14-06-2007)

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I guess I lose my statis as DS number 1 fan.. she totally depresses me.. I can see her been liked by student (not trying to stereotype here but I found it was the same when Deeply depressing RadioHead was popular and it was mainly with students)... I like happy tunes, there is enough damn sadness in the world without having our music reflect it
    I'm the same Shiv - I like to listen to upbeat things that make me feel happy, not songs that make me feel so darn depressed...

Maybe its an age thing?!

Jokes....*puts scissor sisters back on*

Thread Information