View Poll Results: What do you think of Amy Winehouse?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love her, music legend in the making.

10 21.74%
  • I like her music, she's got talent.

13 28.26%
  • I can take her or leave her.

5 10.87%
  • I'm not too keen on her, what's the fuss about?

9 19.57%
  • I hate her, sounds like a drunken man.

9 19.57%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    And all self inflicted

What an ignorant Point of View. Try reading Russell Brand's tribute. That may teach you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat2687
    well it would be nice if you lot could behave like grown ups and add a thread title like a grown up, but apparently you're ****Ed up Pricks, who let this forum be run by biased adults. At the mo its a load of C&nts
    And you have the cheek to call anyone IGNORANT

Quote Originally Posted by Cat2687 View Post
    What an ignorant Point of View. Try reading Russell Brand's tribute. That may teach you something.
    I wouldn't read or believe anything Russell Brand said. Don't call me ignorant. I have dealt with more suicides and drug related deaths than you will ever know about. Sorry if you don't like the truth. I have NO sympathy for Amy Winehouse, had she wanted to give up drugs and had her so called friends any thought for her they would have spent some of her millions on getting her the proper treatment. The only person I am sorry for in this sordid affair is her Dad. This poor man tried his best to save his daughter
    Last edited by alan45; 25-07-2011 at 02:23.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (25-07-2011), Katy (25-07-2011), Perdita (25-07-2011), Siobhan (25-07-2011)

Channel 4 is to pay tribute to Amy Winehouse following the singer's death on Saturday.

The broadcaster has announced that it is to screen an updated version of the documentary Amy Winehouse: What Really Happened on Tuesday night, reports Broadcast.

The film, originally compiled by Jacques Peretti in 2008, will investigate how the 27-year-old went from being one of the most talented singers of her generation, to falling into a destructive path which led to her death.

It includes interviews with friends and family, exploring important events in her life from the divorce of her parents to her relationship with Blake Fielder-Civil.

Amy Winehouse: What Really Happened will air on Channel 4 on Tuesday at 11.05pm. It replaces a repeat of Alan Carr: Chatty Man.

4Music will also air one-off special Amy Winehouse: Lost Soul at 8pm tonight.

The ITN Studios production will mix editorial packages charting her life and career with music videos of her biggest hits.

Tony Bennett recently compared Winehouse to the world's most iconic jazz singers after collaborating with her earlier this year.

RIP very talented musician

Mitch Winehouse told mourners at the star's funeral on Tuesday that he hopes to help others who are battling addiction and provide funds to causes that the singer supported.

"I was in New York with my cousin Michael when I heard [about her death] and straight away I said I wanted an Amy Winehouse Foundation, something to help the things she loved - children, horses, but also to help those struggling with substance abuse," he said.

"In this country, if you cannot afford a private rehabilitation clinic, there is a two-year waiting list for help. With the help of Keith Vaz MP, we are trying to change that."

Vaz told BBC News that he would offer whatever help Mitch needed in launching the foundation, saying: "I am very happy to help Mitch in any way I can with his important campaign to help rehabilitate those most vulnerable in our society."

Amy had widely reported struggles with drug and alcohol addiction during her life, although her father told her funeral service that she had begun to "conquer" her demons.

"Three years ago, Amy conquered her drug dependency, the doctors said it was impossible but she really did it. She was trying hard to deal with her drinking and had just completed three weeks of abstinence," he said.

Amy was discovered dead in bed at her flat in Camden, North London on Saturday afternoon at the age of 27.

A private funeral attended by friends and family was held in Edgware, London on Tuesday, with Amy's producer Mark Ronson and her close friend Kelly Osbourne among the mourners.

An inquest into Amy's death was opened and closed on Monday, and adjourned until October 26. No cause of death was given following a post-mortem examination of her body.

I wish the foundation all success

Amy Winehouse had no illegal substances in her system when she died, although alcohol was present, a spokesperson for the late star has confirmed.

The 27-year-old singer was found dead in her Camden home last month. No cause of death was found during an initial post-mortem.

The Metropolitan police said at the time that further test results would be known within a month, while an inquest was adjourned until October 26.

"Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death," a statement released this afternoon confirmed.

"Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death."

It continued: "The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October."

London drugs fixer Tony Azzopardi claimed that he had supplied Winehouse with £1,200 worth of crack cocaine and heroin on the day of her death.

^ So what about the legal substances?

Thread Information