Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Menigitis

Menigitis

these are the symptoms of it

• High temperature, fever, possibly with cold hands and feet
    • Vomiting, sometimes diarrhoea
    • Severe headache
    • Neck stiffness (unable to touch the chin to the chest)
    • Joint or muscle pains, sometimes stomach cramps with septicaemia
    • Dislike of bright lights
    • Drowsiness
    • Fits
    • The person may be confused or disoriented.
    and it does say you may not get everyone or in that order. Does anyone know anyone who had menigitis and didn't have the rash or vomiting?
    Super Mod

Isn't there spots or a rash that don't fade if you roll a glass over them?
    Last edited by Meh; 13-11-2006 at 17:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates
    Isn't there spots or a rash that doesn't fade if you roll a glass over it?
    yes but I was wonder if you can have menigitis without a rash.. it said not all symptoms happen.. My little girl is complaining of sore neck, head ache, stomach ache and she has a temperature...I just wonder if it could be that without the rash?
    Super Mod

my sis had menigitis without the vomitting, she had a rash though. if youre worried about your daughter id take her up the hospital just in case, hope everythings ok though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

id take her to doctors siobhan, just to put your mind at rest. ours get them in straight away if you menton the symptoms

hope shes ok xx

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    yes but I was wonder if you can have menigitis without a rash.. it said not all symptoms happen.. My little girl is complaining of sore neck, head ache, stomach ache and she has a temperature...I just wonder if it could be that without the rash?
    Go and get her checked out Siobhan. It's not worth taking the risk.

i might be wrong as this is going from casualty lol but in some cases cant rashes come out after everything else has

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

I had this many years ago when I was,8 years old. I did not vomit or get the rash but had the worst type of it, The headache and chin on the chest test your child will scream with pain,if they have it believe me. I was talking rubbish too. If you are in any doubt, dont delay. I am one of the lucky ones I was deaf and dumb for two years,but got them back thank goddness, The reason why in 1962 doctors didnt know much about it and they delayed sending me to hospital, I hope all will be ok.

I don't mean to hyjack this thread, but I'm really worried about my friend. She's just come online, said she had to come on because she misses talking to some people, and that she can hardly walk without throwing up. She hasn't eaten since Friday and she said that one sip of drink makes her be sick. Altogether, she's been sick 27 times since Friday. She's going to the hospital at 9, but I'm wondering if meningitus runs in the family as her Dad died of it.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Ciaran had septacemic meningitis when he was 7 months old.

He wasn't vomiting, he only had a very slight rash, which went purple in the 20 min journey to hospital.

My sister in law had it (C strain), my great nephew then had the B strain and died at 6 months old and then Ci got it....

Certain diseases/illnesses can apparently run in certain gene pools according to the health officials that we had to deal with because of it being meningitis.

The rash can be the last symptom to be prevalent and it is therefore imperative that ANYONE who even CONSIDERS that they may have this (or their child has) to go to A&E immediately - never feel daft for doing it...if I had put Ciaran to bed for the night as we were going to...he wouldn't be with us today....

The sooner you act, the better. Siobhan/Kim - if you want to speak to me about Ciaran's symptoms etc - feel free.

As a company, we donate to Meningitis Research Foundation after our experiences - the sooner a full vaccine is developed for all strains - the better.

Thread Information