Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a Celeb - General Discussion

I'm a Celeb - General Discussion

Please post all general chat and news here
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 10 stars of this year's run of I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! will be shown entering their jungle hideaway when the reality series begins later.
    Singer Jason Donovan is favourite to win at bookmakers Ladbrokes and William Hill, with David Gest, the estranged husband of Liza Minnelli, least likely.

Producers have promised there will be tougher "bushtucker trials" this year.

Former contestant Uri Geller said viewers would enjoy all the "suffering, arguing, starving, bickering" involved.

"The mixture of the celebrities is massively important for ratings," the entertainer told BBC Radio Five Live.

"The masses out there, they are so curious. They love seeing them going through psychological and mental stress - and this is what makes this programme so successful," he added.

Flurry of bets

Donovan and Gest will be competing against DJ Toby Anstis, fashion designer Scott Henshall and singer Matt Willis, formerly a member of boy band Busted.

She has got her second wind and is making headway in the betting

Nick Weinberg of Ladbrokes on Faith Brown (left)

Willis is the second favourite with both bookmakers, followed by ex-Hear'Say singer Myleene Klass.

Ladbrokes said there had been a late flurry of bets on comedian Faith Brown, known for her impression of former prime minister Lady Thatcher.

"She has got her second wind and is making headway in the betting," said spokesman Nick Weinberg said.

"She could emerge as the dark horse."

Lauren Booth, the sister-in-law of current prime minister Tony Blair, is also among the contestants.

And former newsreader Jan Leeming and Footballers' Wives actress Phina Oruche complete the list of 10.

The programme begins on Monday on ITV1 at 2100 GMT.
    Last edited by Luna; 13-11-2006 at 13:39.

I wonder what the studio animal is this year. It said in the newspaper they have the biggest animal they can get and it weighs a ton. I was thinking a croc/aligator but then I thought it wouldn't really be safe.
    They should bring back fluffy Hogan the koala

Ex-newsreader Jan Leeming has cried after being bitten by ants on the first "bushtucker trial" of reality show I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
    She wailed after being lowered down a mine shaft and told to grapple with rats and toads for points which would earn meals for the 10 participants.

But she failed the task, leaving some of her fellow contestants lacking food.

Producers have promised there will be tougher "bushtucker trials" in this new series of the ITV1 show.

Meanwhile Lemming's fellow contestant David Gest, estranged husband of Liza Minnelli, has wasted no time in insulting his fellow celebrities.

'Ironing board face'

He revealed he was furious with Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth for saying he had an "ironing board face" in a pre-series interview.

As a result, he insulted her during a conversation with DJ Toby Anstis - with whom Gest sang a karaoke duet of You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by the Righteous Brothers.

David Gest went from 33/1 to 16/1 in a few hours at Ladbrokes
    Gest also made suggestive remarks about impressionist Faith Brown and singer Myleene Klass in their Australian jungle hideaway.

And he bragged about his famous friends, claiming to have warned pop star Michael Jackson he had undergone too much plastic surgery.

Singer Jason Donovan has been the favourite with bookmakers to win the three-week show, but it has now emerged that many punters have been betting on Gest over the weekend.

"He's doing something right, although we're not sure what," said Nick Weinberg of Ladbrokes.

Leeming - who admitted she had never seen the show before agreeing to appear on it - fetched three stars out of the 10 which were hidden down the mine shaft.

However, she dropped one on the way back up, meaning only two meals were served to the contestants on their first day on the ITV1 programme.

What? No jungle maid?

Despite the list of demands that suggested David Gest didn't know what he was getting himself into by joining the I'm A Celebrity... line-up, Liza Minnelli's ex insists that he won't quit the show.

Gest reportedly insists on wearing sunglasses and can't believe he will have no maid or butler in the jungle! However, he vows to stick it out.

"I'm a team player. I won't be walking, no matter what. I'm a survivor. I've got a strong, healthy ego," he explained.

"How am I gonna cope without a maid? There's got to be someone here that needs a job and some extra money.

"I have never done the dishes in 25 years, so it's okay if there are no dishes in the jungle - there aren't, are there? I hope the people I'm surrounded by have a sense of humour. It's unthinkable that I can spend three weeks with a bunch of strangers with no plates, no knives, no forks, no butler, no caviar. I can't wait."

Well, perhaps kangaroo testicles have a cavier-like taste.

OMG!! David Gest has to be the most annoying person in there.. He snores so loud and moans all the time.. if I here him drop another "famous" name I will throw something at the telly

As far as first nights go, it was brilliant.. fav so far for me is Toby, he is so funny. I like this mix of people and I can see some fights coming on. As per usual, Ant and Dec make this show.. they are brilliant and so funny
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    As far as first nights go, it was brilliant.. fav so far for me is Toby, he is so funny. I like this mix of people and I can see some fights coming on. As per usual, Ant and Dec make this show.. they are brilliant and so funny
    i agree, i LOVE ant and dec! i really dont think it would be the same, if they did not present it in the future! i think in the final ever series, they should have ant and dec in the jungle and let all the past celebrities get theur own back, lol!

toby is quite funny, and that gest man is awful! do you think he'll stay??? i'm not sure he'll make it, but i don't know . . .
    Last edited by baby oranges; 14-11-2006 at 10:06.

Quote Originally Posted by baby oranges
    i agree, i LOVE ant and dec! i really dont think it would be the same, if they did not present it in the future! i think in the final ever series, they should have ant and dec in the jungle and let all the past celebrities get theur own back, lol!

toby is quite funny, and that gest man is awful! do you think he'll stay??? i'm not sure he'll make it, but i don't know . . .
    I can't see him staying, if he does, i reckon he would be the first out.. Loving Faith Brown too. Jason and Myleen is not bad either.. the only one I am taking a dislike to is David
    Super Mod

Good start Ant and Dec as usual were brillant. I found David Gest funny and entertaining. Some of the so called celebs i never heard of.

So David got the first bushtucker trial voted by the public. I wonder if he will do it cos in the paper it said he was refusing to do any trials. It's gona be fun to watch.
    I don't know most of the people in there but I think its going to be a good series.
    Last edited by Abigail; 14-11-2006 at 19:50.

How OTT was that Jan being after her trial. "It was terrible, absolutely horrific, omg I just couldn't it " It was probably one of the easiest ones compared to what's to come!! I take it this woman has never seen the show before!? What really made me laugh though was when she went "I tried my best" hahaha if that's her best I wouldn't like to see her worst!
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 14-11-2006 at 15:21.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Thread Information