Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 90.91%
  • No

2 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you recycle?

We never really used to but mum was always into it.. we asked the people to give us a receylcing box and they didnt but after a year they did!!.. Now mum's recylcing mad

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I do - although we are supposed to compost cooked and uncooked food, and i refuse to do that, especially with the maggots that appear in the brown bin because of it. So now we have cardboard only in the brown bit, glass, tin cans, juice cartons etc, seperated (otherwise they won't take them and stick nasty notes on our bins ) and then the rest in black bags for alternating collections

Quote Originally Posted by di marco
    yep we do at home, if you can recycle it we do, paper, bottles, foil, plastic etc. we have a big blue recycling box from the council which sits next to our kitchen bin and all the recycling goes in that. at my house at uni, we have a box where we put all our drinks bottles to be recycled and i keep my paper to take home to recycle with me
    Yeah we have them boxes aswell, they take nearly everything recycable in them boxes but i think there is one thing they wont, i forget what that thing is though

Sig dedicated to Charley

We do what we can- here at home we have paper, cans, glass and garden waste, but we can't recycle peelings so we are supposed to be building out own compost bin but we've not got round to it! Then we take the cardboard to my grandads, who lives in a different borough because they do cardboard and stockport don't.

i recycle anything that i can, we have a recycling bin and a normal bin and i keep the glass until i have enough to warrant a visit to the bottle bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Skits
    i recycle anything that i can, we have a recycling bin and a normal bin and i keep the glass until i have enough to warrant a visit to the bottle bank.
    They really should give us a 3rd bin in Ireland for glass.. Our compost bins should be on the way soon.. Man! my back garden will be full of bins

Quick question from UK.. do you pay for your general rubbish bins to be taken away? Over here we have to buy bin tags if you want your bin collect (general only,not recycling) so you only pay for what you throw out
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    They really should give us a 3rd bin in Ireland for glass.. Our compost bins should be on the way soon.. Man! my back garden will be full of bins

Quick question from UK.. do you pay for your general rubbish bins to be taken away? Over here we have to buy bin tags if you want your bin collect (general only,not recycling) so you only pay for what you throw out
    i keep threatening to start a compost heap in my back garden.

i don't buy bin tags, i pay a yearly fee for my general bin, recycling one free.

that service is available here (well you buy a bag, they stopped the tag thing as too many were being lost/stolen) but you have to pay for recyling bags aswell as general rubbish bags.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan

I don't pay anything for my bins to be collected, apart from my council tax so presume the refuse collections are included within that

I refuse to keep our bins in our back garden - in the summer, the stench from the bins because of alternate collections is disgusting and the maggots from the compost bin are a health hazard - I refuse to allow my kids to play in a garden with maggots rolling around everywhere

yes i recycle and it is bin day today, so it is all out on the path waiting!!
    we have 2 baskets for paper, plastic and tins(collected 2 weekly) i box for glass but they will only take it if the lid is in correctly (collected 4 weekly) and we have 1 small green wheelie bin for all general rubbish, but you can only fit 2 bin bags in it!! so i normally have about 4 more piled up by the side!!!

well we have a gray bin for general waste and 2 blue boxes 1 for paper and the other for glass/cans i get a collection fortnightly which is a complete joke!
    i take my cardboard and plastic bottles to the recycling centre

Thread Information