Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying for a baby

Trying for a baby

HI i was just looking for a bit of advice, my other half and I have finally decided its time to to extend our family and want to start trying for our first baby!

I have been on the pill for about six years and a bit confused, as one doctors has told me to wait at least 3 months from stopping the pill, before we start trying and another has said i would be fine to start straight away ?

Also I was wondering if anyone had any other tips on trying to concieve. Im currently giving up smoking in preperation and will start taking folic acid and eating helathy exercise and all that but just wondered if there was anything else would be good for me to do !
    [VIX :

Relax. Thats the main one. Keep healthy and happy, and let nature take its course!

As for the pill, I think you could possibly get pregnant straight away, but I think it can take most couples up to a year before anything happens, so don't worry if it doesnt happen in the next month. I think for most women, it takes a couple of months for thier body to reurn to its normal cycle.

Most of all, GOOD LUCK.

Looking forward to hearing your news soon!!!!!

Legs in air after sex to assist the sperm.

Lay off sex for about three days. Important that your hubby doesn't masturbrate or anything. There will be more sperm and the ejaculation will be stronger.

Oh, and timing. Firstly, make sure your ovulating. And secondly, try and orgasm at the same time. Your orgasm will help the sperm travel.

Out of the millions of sperm that get released, only a few make it - 5% or less if I recall. And these 5% split into two groups, one at each tube to catch the egg, so really only 2.5% or less are waiting for the egg.

Oh, tell your hubby to wear boxer shorts and keep his genitalia cool.

Good luck!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates
    Legs in air after sex to assist the sperm.

Lay off sex for about three days. Important that your hubby doesn't masturbrate or anything. There will be more sperm and the ejaculation will be stronger.

Oh, and timing. Firstly, make sure your ovulating. And secondly, try and orgasm at the same time. Your orgasm will help the sperm travel.

Out of the millions of sperm that get released, only a few make it - 5% or less if I recall. And these 5% split into two groups, one at each tube to catch the egg, so really only 2.5% or less are waiting for the egg.

Oh, tell your hubby to wear boxer shorts and keep his genitalia cool.

Good luck!
    It is true about the boxer shorts,, men who wear confining bikini's have been known to have lower sperm counts..

Thanks guys xx

Ill make sure i remind him to wear boxers.

It just fingers crossed now and hope it happens for us !

Ill let you know when/if it happens
    [VIX :

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Boxers or commando!!!

When we wanted to get pregnant with my second, I had been on the pill for 8yrs - I stopped taking the pill at the beginning of aug and was pregnant by the end!! My doc said that your body will allow you to get pregnant when its ready (if that makes sense) When we were trying for my youngest it took 6 months after I had my implant removed, so just relax and when your body is ready, you will fall pregnant - Good luck!

Just want to wish you good luck hunz xx

Same as spicy, good luck! xx

id start trying straight away.its makes no diff.you might fall straight away if you are lucky or sometimes the pill needs time to work its way out of your system.i was on the pill for 5 years after my 1st son and it took me a year to fall.

you can never tell I was on the mini pill for 15 years, and I stopped taking it and was told it would take at least 6 months for the pill to wear off, I fell five days later.

Thread Information