Thread: Randy Reg is back!

Randy Reg is back!

Crack open the champagne - Corrie legend Reg Holdsworth is poised to make a triumphant Rovers Return. Show bosses have held talks with actor Ken Morley to reprise his role as the supermarket lothario, alongside his ex-screen wife. Sherrie Hewson, who played Reg’s dizzy missus Maureen, will be back on screen with new love Bill Webster by the end of the year.

Ken became an instant favourite as scheming Bettabuys boss Reg when he first appeared in 1989 – and it was a huge shock to fans when he quit the show in October 1995. Now, producers want randy Reg to provide some much-needed comedy following the departure of butcher Fred Elliott – and who knows, perhaps a reunion with Maureen could even be on the cards.

“Before Fred appeared, Reg was our comedy star,” a Street source said. “Maureen’s return could help push Reg back into the soap, with the added bonus of a rise in ratings. The door has never been shut on him.”

Meanwhile, Ken – who’s currently starring in hit touring play No Place Like Home – hinted at a possible return when he admitted at the weekend: “I’ve never said never, and I’ve made no secret of how much I enjoyed my years in Weatherfield.”

Source: Daily Star on Sunday

Sorry Kayla, I doubt this story is true. It is in the Daily Star after all.

As news hound, I read the newspapers on Sunday in the Pub and never saw anything about Reg ! Shame though because I would have loved it

Moving to the Rumour Mill, untill its confirmed...

Wink

If he is returning, start getting suspicious if Blanche buys a water-bed......

Quote Originally Posted by kayla05
    Now, producers want randy Reg to provide some much-needed comedy following the departure of butcher Fred Elliott
    Much-needed comedy? I don't think so! If they go down this route again they'll just end up back in the rut of 2005. Corrie's been really good recently and that's cos they've started focusing on the drama more. Why do they always feel the need to ruin it with this stupid comedy crap?
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I like the way Corrie does comedy. Fred was excellent, and I still remember Reg and Maureen from all those years ago (I'm 21 now so I must have been quite young at the time).

I think it'll be great!

Reg and Maureen (and Maud - the old lady in the wheelchair) were a key part of Corrie in the early-mid 90s, so in your primary school days basically!

Thread Information