View Poll Results: Do you agree with the decision to execute Saddam Hussein?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 74.36%
  • No

10 25.64%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein Sentenced to Death

I said yes because I think that he was truly evil. If Adolf Hitler had been sentenced to death I would have agreed with that too but he wasn't. It's because Saddam Hussein killed so many people, and for what reason is there to take the life of another person? I don't believe in justice but I do think he deserves to die for all of the grief, pain and suffering he has put so many people through.

Saying that, I do not believe in the Death Penalty in the slightest. I think Capital Punishment is not the answer.

I do agree that killing Hussein will make matters worse though, as Spicy said before.
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

i have voted yes, i know that old saying two wrongs don't make a right, but i think this evil man is the execption. i think that hanging is the wrong way to do it though, maybe firing squad or stoneing

I dont think its the right punishment death is the easy way out and really doesnt act as a punishmet

hey - i dont agree with this, he will be turned in to a martyer - which is not a good thing as more extremists will commit attacks in his name - they should have let him rot in prison

I believe that 'state murder' is just as bad as personal murder - only we are ALL complicent and ALL guilty.

Yes. Sadam Hussian is an evil man. He has been implicated in the deaths of many, many people. So - how does killing him make us morally superior?

He was happy with the verdict, his place in history as a martyr to Western Imperialism is secured.

This sounds awful, but if the West wanted him dead then they should have killed him 'in battle' rather that bring him in and try him.

Civil war looms in Iraq, more bloodshed, more deaths and how are the coalitition troops going to get out of there now except in failure?

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Anything is too good for this man - he should fear his punishment, not revel in it. Shame he wasn't killed "in battle" but then he will always appear to be martyr to his followers no matter what punishment was handed out.

I don't agree with it. It would be a far greater punishment for him to summer in prison for the rest of his life. Death is the easy way out (afterall many prisoners a yr want to/do attempt suicide).

Also killing him almost begins to justify his actions because the state are committing a murder in killing him which is what Saddem has been convicted of in the 1st place (2 wrongs dont make a right)

Hanging is far too good for this man. He deserves to die a slow and painful death. I for one would have no qualms about killing him. He is a mass murderer and like mass murderers before him deserves to die
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

yes he should be Executed and he should not be able to apeal the decision
    Last edited by dddMac1; 07-11-2006 at 13:57.

As much as saddam is an evil man, excuting him does not right his wrongs. if he was to die then they should have sent in SAS to do it when he was first caught and they could have claimed it was down to being caught in friendly fire. He should be locked up for the rest of his life.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information