Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Girls HAS been axed!

Bad Girls HAS been axed!

LONDON (Reuters) - Shed Productions, the television company behind "Footballers' Wives" saw its shares fall 13 percent on Thursday after ITV chose not to recommission "Bad Girls", one of its other mainstay series.

"Naturally we're disappointed that Bad Girls has not been recommissioned, especially as the last series performed well during a tough summer for ITV," Shed Chief Executive Eileen Gallagher said in a statement.

It is the second blow ITV has dealt Shed this year after it axed "Footballers' Wives" in May.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/arti...ment-C3-More-9

ITV are stupid they really are, a sorry excuse for a channel.
    Last edited by EE Rocks; 26-10-2006 at 11:19.

Quote Originally Posted by EE Rocks
    ITV are stupid they really are, a sorry excuse for a channel.
    ITV are not a channel but a Television Company
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I really hope they can get Bad girls on another channel then, I really enjoy it.

Shame but you could see it coming, its a very good run, and sometimes there is only so far you can take a programme, like Bad Girls ! As for Footballers Wives, I loved it, but it got to far fetch to quickly

It doesnt make alot of sense when they keep utter drivel on the show and axe a show like this which has a good fanbase, just like they have with Where the heart is.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Allen
    It doesnt make alot of sense when they keep utter drivel on the show and axe a show like this which has a good fanbase, just like they have with Where the heart is.
    They may not have been top class drama but they had a good regular audience. I think however both shows ended up being completely OTT with outlandish storylines and thats why the plug was pulled. Whilst I was never a big fan of Bad Girls I have to say I enjoyed FW even jnust for the pure escapism
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Bad Girls used to be a really great show, but its been on the down for the past few series. I'm not really surprised they decided to just cut their losses and axe it, but it would've been good to have a better ending then it did...

Wasn't a fan of that final episode.

I am dissapointed by this news! Personally, i think they should have given Bad Girls another series and put it on in the winter where it would pick up more viewers, not in the summer where they would have a decline in the ratings. It's such a shame it's gone, i will miss it. Series 8 wasn't great but it was watchable, i think it should have been given another chance. Oh well, i am looking forward to the Christmas Special!

The show itself hasnt been axed, its ITV who have dropped it, it still means another channel can buy it

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

Quote Originally Posted by xCharliex
    The show itself hasnt been axed, its ITV who have dropped it, it still means another channel can buy it
    I heard rumours a while back that Channel 4 might be trying to snap it up

you heard anything about any bids Charlie?

Thread Information