Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suffocation Street

Suffocation Street

SUFFOCATION ST

Cheat Charlie's chilling bid to drown David in icy bath

CRAZED Charlie Stubbs tries to drown lovesick David Platt in the year's most chilling Coronation Street plot.

The sex-cheat builder tricks the terrified teenager into his mistress Maria's flat - and then repeatedly plunges his head into a bath full of ice cold water.

A hole was even cut in the side of the tub so actor Jack Shepherd's ordeal could be seen in full.

But 18-year-old Jack said of the scary scenes to be screened on Monday: "They were great to film."

He explained: "Charlie is asking David really stupid questions like, 'Who put the Ram in the Ramalamadingdong?' And when he can't answer, he holds him under.

"You really do sense that Charlie fully intends to drown him."

Besotted David, fuming at the affair between Charlie (Bill Ward) and Maria (Samia Smith), has vandalised the lying romeo's van.

Jack said: "David gets dunked time and again and you think it's over for him until Maria returns and screams at Charlie to stop."

An insider said: "It brings back David's nightmares about Richard Hillman's bid to drown the Platts. But it's leading up to the end of Charlie Stubbs."

From The Daily Mirror 25.10.06
    Last edited by Mr Humphries; 26-10-2006 at 08:39.

if charlie needs any help with that I'm available :P

Sounds a bit OTT if you ask me. And slightly out of character because Charlie would never be stupid enough to do a thing like this anyway as he knows he wouldn't be able to get away with it. The producers should never have brought out the violent side of his character as when he was with Shelley it was all about mental mind games (apart from when he ripped her earrings out) and that's the way it should have stayed really.

Dam, thats sounds a bit much. Charlie really does lose it doesn't he! I wonder what Maria will think of her wonderful Charlie when she sees that!

In a way I think it's a bit OTT, but I think it also sound's quite good. I also agree that it sounds slightly out of character for Charlie, but then this is what he really could be like. Either way, I'm looking forward to it, particularly as it's David he tried to drown

I thought Charlie might actually kill David, but I didn't think he'd do it in ice cold water. Drowning is out of character; had Charlie down to be more likely to shoot him, but the ice is just OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Red08
    Dam, thats sounds a bit much. Charlie really does lose it doesn't he! I wonder what Maria will think of her wonderful Charlie when she sees that!
    From reading the mags this week Maria finds Charlie and she is the one who tells Tracey.. so expect fireworks this week in the street
    Super Mod

never mind Charlie. What about the bit that says the "18 year old actor"/

THat cant be true, hes such a little squirt.

He's playing a 15 year old, so I think they deliberately make him look younger, it's not really to do with his height.

Quote Originally Posted by cornetgal
    never mind Charlie. What about the bit that says the "18 year old actor"/

THat cant be true, hes such a little squirt.
    What about Ste in Hollyoaks, he's about 20 !
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Thread Information