Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Factor: Kate to face the axe

X-Factor: Kate to face the axe

X FACTOR bosses have approached top showbiz agents — in a bid to replace host Kate Thornton.

They have compiled a list to potentially take over from Kate, 33, in the next series.

They include Fearne Cotton and Big Brother’s Little Brother’s Dermot O’Leary. Last night, a source said: “Kate is a lovely girl but the feeling is they want to send the fourth series show into the stratosphere.

“It’s one of Britain’s top rated shows and bosses are constantly looking for ways to revamp the format.

“Replacing Kate is one of the options for the next series.”

X Factor currently pulls in around ten million viewers.

They have also followed smash US hit American Idol by introducing celebrity performers, including Lionel Richie and Rod Stewart.

Potentials .... Dermot O'Leary and Fearne Cotton

Crooner Tony Bennett joins the bill on Saturday night. Last night, an X Factor spokeswoman said: “Kate is a fantastic presenter and we’re in the middle of an incredibly successful third series.

“Her talent in running a major live studio show is unprecedented and we look forward to continuing to work with her.”

Dermot O’Leary’s agent, meanwhile, was staying tight-lipped.

Has to be Dermot, he will get my saturday night going alright ! But I love Kate too

That's a shame. I really like kate, she is a good presenter and she gets a lot of stick but i dont know why. Hope she stays.

I dont think Ferne Cotton would be a good choice she is not as bubbly as Kate but if they want to replace her Dermot would be a good choice.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

well I wont be disappointed if she does leave, Im not a fan of hers she tries to be funny and it just doesnt work now Dermot he is very funny.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

I thought they were axing the whole show after this series?! Could've sworn i read it somewhere...

I like Kate she did a good job. Why not ask Ben Shepard to do it i think he would be a cool presenter. Fearne Cotton would be good as well.
    Another fantastic banner by Vixie-Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Abi
    I thought they were axing the whole show after this series?! Could've sworn i read it somewhere...
    exactly i thought i read that too -

I like Kate, theres nothing wrong with her, you dont just get rid of presenters half way trough a run, its just out of order. Dermot and Fearne are both weak and nothing special.

Well i hope its false. It would be weird without her, you know when you get used to someone doing something.....it will be weird. I agree, whats the point in getting rid halfway through, its silly.

I love Kate Thornton, she's lovely. Such a good presenter.
    I hope they don't get Davina Macall, she really really really winds me up.

Even if they do axe the X Factor they'll probably replace it with another programme like it. The did it with Pop Idol, Popstars: the rivals and such like

Awwww its a shame if they do, I really like her and think theres nothing wrong with her

Thread Information