View Poll Results: Did Brookside REALLY deserve the axe?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was time for it to go!

3 10.00%
  • No, they could have sorted it out somehow!

27 90.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Brookside really have been AXED?

Question Should Brookside really have been AXED?

Had it run it's course?

Should it have been axed long before it was?

Or did it still have potential?

Could they have sorted this once great show out?!

Air your views here!

Brookside I felt had returned back to its roots a bit towards the end,there was that awful spell but after the siege and the drug dealer moving on the close it got a bit better.

Brookside (even in its crap days) where 10 times better than what eastenders gives us these days a soap like that has no new motivation (recyled characters over and over) but brookie broke the mould -and always entertained when it hit a good storyline,

end of the day brookside was more gritty and had more characters people could associate with unlike easties and emmerdale (its not like any of us can warm to jhonny allen and say oh I see where hes coming from)
    Saving Maves LifeMave and Tabbie a true story brought to you by the PinkbananaRead it or get LUSHED!!

no i think it should have stayed, i mean no ones ever going to be a gooder character as Jimmy Corkhill and the like. THey had great storys and characters you could really hate or lvoe.

No it should of stayed. I miss it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond1
    Brookside I felt had returned back to its roots a bit towards the end,there was that awful spell but after the siege and the drug dealer moving on the close it got a bit better.

Brookside (even in its crap days) where 10 times better than what eastenders gives us these days a soap like that has no new motivation (recyled characters over and over) but brookie broke the mould -and always entertained when it hit a good storyline,

end of the day brookside was more gritty and had more characters people could associate with unlike easties and emmerdale (its not like any of us can warm to jhonny allen and say oh I see where hes coming from)
    I didn't watch Brookie in its latter years, before its demise, but there was a time when I thought it was the best soap on the box with its realism, grittiness and fantastic humour. There was a real warmth to the characters and you cared about them. Also Jimmy Corkhill was a legend!

However, I think it had had its day.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

If Channel 4 has kept it in a regular slot then it would never have gone down the drain, it was a strong soap with good characters and good storylines.

When it moved around people lost intrest, and the producetrs thought whats the point, storylines took too long to work out, and the fans soon got bored.

Such a shame that it got axed, it was so so strong in its prime, late 90s, early 00s was just superb - Millenimum Club explosion, Sussanah's death were amazing storylines.

I just wish they would have kept it, put it in its primetime slot and improved it back to its old ways!

Whenever I talk about Brookie I get emotional, how could they just get rid of such a brilliant show!?

i thought Brookside was a good soap and should not of been axed

i agree with bry on this one if it was kept at the same time it would never have been axed. They also removed the omnibus for a while too

I used to love watching it but was unable to due to the timings.

I think they shoud brining it back, just so they can see what kind of following it still has

Look at the state of it now. It's as if it never existed

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_lq51RE-UU&mode=related&search="]YouTube - brookside tour 2006[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVbXKtKo7Mw&NR"]YouTube - Brookside close tour 2006[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeFTtPEdU-A&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Brookside tour 2006[/ame]

i saw them videos a while back, makes you sick to see channel 4 has neglected it...

i just CANT believe they axed it...how COULD they?

Thread Information