Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Dot Cotton (June Brown)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-t...anning-funeral

She is out in handcuffs for Jim's funeral

EastEnders legend June Brown is sadly going deaf and blind.

The 88-year-old actress – famous for playing Dot Branning on the BBC soap – was forced to admit she lost her hearing on a recent flight to Scotland, when her showbiz pal Barbara Windsor was trying to speak to her at an event last weekend.

The soap star could barely hear her EastEnders co-star as the two went on stage together.

June said: "Are you talking to me Babs? Tell me, because I am deaf you see and it is very hard for me to hear so I don’t know what you are talking about.

"What did you say to me? Sorry, I would like you all to shout because I can’t hear, you see. I am ever so sorry. I am straining here..."

And June – who also revealed her sight is deteriorating back in May – has now confirmed the news.

Speaking to The Sun, she said: "Unfortunately it happened when I was going up to Glasgow for a charity. My ears impacted and they haven’t come back since. I hope that they might do at some moment.

"I thought it was a bit unkind given I was flying up for charity! But I only spoke about it on stage because I was having a discussion with Barbara."

A source close to the EastEnders veteran added that June had never mentioned her hearing problem before, as she doesn't like to complain.

The source said: "She's from the generation that doesn't want to complain. She had never even mentioned it before.

"June likes everything to be upbeat and she wants everyone to know that she has absolutely no intention of pulling back or slowing down."

June is from the generation of non-complainers

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-08-2015), lizann (18-08-2015), tammyy2j (18-08-2015)

She should concentrate on her health and take it easy and relax

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-08-2015), lizann (18-08-2015), maidmarian (18-08-2015), parkerman (18-08-2015), Perdita (18-08-2015)

EastEnders' Dot Branning receives a warm welcome after returning to Albert Square tonight (September 7), but soon finds herself struggling to settle back in.

Dot (June Brown) doesn't react well to the fuss her loved ones are making of her and goes missing just as her probation officer is due.

However, Ian finds soon finds her hiding in the launderette and they have a big heart-to-heart about decisions they have made as parents.

Dot confesses that she wishes she had turned Nick into the police for his own good, which leaves Ian pondering whether he's really doing the right thing by Bobby. Will Dot's words cause Ian to have a change of heart?

Dot is welcomed back to Albert Square
    © BBC
    Dot is welcomed back to Albert Square

EastEnders airs tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz3l1yXxLS9

EastEnders​ actress June Brown has reportedly signed a new contract securing her future on Albert Square until she's 90.

The deal - believed to be worth £300,000 - has been agreed because Brown allegedly said she's "skint" (via ​The Sun​).

The contract makes her the soap's second highest paid actor behind Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell).

The 12-month new deal will come into force in March when Brown's current one expires.

​A soap source said: "This is great news for June, great news for the bosses and great news for EastEnders fans. Both the top brass and obviously June herself are aware that she is not getting any younger but she is still very agile for her age and simply wants to go on as long as possible.​

​"The bosses are delighted she has no intention of giving up work just yet. She loves playing Dot and the fans love her playing Dot. EastEnders would not be the same without June or Dot.

"Though her current deal doesn't run out until March the bosses like to get people they want to keep tied up earlier than that so they have time to negotiate new deals."

The actress, who turns 89 next month, last took a break from the soap in 2012 to write her autobiography.

​An EastEnders spokeswoman said: "We never comment on artist contracts."​

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-01-2016), Rear window (31-01-2016)

So what explosive storyline is she going to have to earn her huge wages?

Is she going to discover the truth about Fatboy? Is she going to go on the rampage to seek 'an eye for an eye' revenge on the murderous nutters who killed him?
    I can just seen her now with guns slung round her, bandana on and screaming 'Yippee-ki-yay, mother*beep*er!'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

parkerman (31-01-2016)

Is she going to discover the truth about Fatboy? Is she going to go on the rampage to seek 'an eye for an eye' revenge on the murderous nutters who killed him?
    I can just seen her now with guns slung round her, bandana on and screaming 'Yippee-ki-yay, mother*beep*er!'

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post

Or she could make Billy and Honey a nice cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    She could have some nice lodgers to, who bring peace and love to her last year on the square.
    I would like to see her have something nice happen.
    Could Charlie return?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    She could have some nice lodgers to, who bring peace and love to her last year on the square.
    I would like to see her have something nice happen.
    Could Charlie return?

Thread Information