Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youngest Teen Mums & Dads, Tue 9/10/06 at 9pm ITV

Youngest Teen Mums & Dads, Tue 9/10/06 at 9pm ITV

Did anyone watch this programme? If so, do you feel sorry or angry for Charlotte, the 13/14 year old who had difficulty in bonding with her baby?

I will be interested to hear your views.

jstevens1

Red face

i felt angry with her, i know she didnt know she was pregnant and it was a shock to her but you could clearly see she wasnt taking an interest in her own daughter and just basically couldnt be bothered i think that she was way too young for a child and her parents should take over for the babys best interest.
    However i did feel sorry for the girl with the down syndrome and cerabal palsy children i think shes so brave and i take my hat off to her.

i feel angry with her aswell as yh she was only 13 when she had the baby but she shouldnt be sleeping with someone at the age anyway and she didnt even like talking to her own daughter and was selfish enough to moan that for her birthday herparents got her baby stuff, surely she would want that i know i would if i was in her shoes as id want my kid to have the stuff.
    and i agree with you tasha hopkins that girl was so brave with her 2 little boys and she and her partner are doing a great job with them

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

i saw the programme and it was very disturbing,

Saw some of it, i wouldnt say i was angry about Charlotte but i dont feel sorry for her either she clearly wanted the baby so she should take responsibility for her, she clearly thought she was responsible enough to have sex at her age so she should face the consequences.

Sig dedicated to Charley

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl
    i saw the programme and it was very disturbing,
    Thats an understatment. It was horrible i had to turn it over.

Its not surprising we ahve the highest teenage pregnancy in the whole of Europe.

I watched it. I didnt feel sorry for her at all! Its was the little baby i felt sorry for
    Last edited by xXxJessxXx; 16-10-2006 at 19:16.
    ~*~ Thanks to Collé For Banner ~*~

oh yeah i remember watching this...charlotte was the one always with the mobile phone right, if it was then why didnt anyone take it off her? simple, then maybe she'd spend time with her kid. I dont feel one bit sorry for her.

Feedback appreciated

I appreciate the feedback I have received on this. Just a few questions about Charlotte though.

1. On Charlotte's 14th birthday her baby was 3 months old. This means that Charlotte was 13 yrs 9 months when she had her daughter, or was she? Was she 13 when she slept with that boy in care or was she still 12? If so, then unless the boy was of her own age or < 2yrs older, then there is an offence of statutory rape here and Charlotte could be a rape victim and charges should have been brought against the boy.

2. Why was Charlotte in care?

3. When Charlotte called her daughter a "rat", while taking her to the washroom at the stables after reluctantly agreeing to change her nappy (as the baby is exclusively formula fed then nappies do smell far more than those of breastfed baibies), do you think she may refer to the baby as "stinking like a sewer rat?" I remember saying to my daughter "come on stinky, let's have your nappy changed" a few times.

3. Thinking about things, Charlotte does have a lot on her plate. Firstly, the baby, secondly school and homework/revision (she is in Yr 9, her stage 3 SATS year), thirdly her horse and finally her friends. Do you think this is why she spends so much time on her mobile phone - to try and keep her friends?

4. Towards the end of the programme, Charlotte had a period of playing truant. Could she a. be having difficulty in keeping up with her schoolwork, i.e. when she does try to spend more time with the baby she spends less time on revision? or b. Is she being bullied because of the baby?

5. When the residential school teacher caught up with Charlotte a month after she attended the school for unmarried mums for a week, Charlotte was sitting on the sea front on her own. Could she be worried about running the gauntlet of dissaproving neighbours? Remember - she looks every inch a school kid even out of uniform.

There are various ways of looking at a situation. I would be very interested to have another follow up of Charlotte and the other young mums about 6 months down the line.

BTW, the couple, Susie + Dax who had 5 kids in 5 years are now married. Susie also did an open university course and would love to use it but she is spending time caring for Dax (who has ankylosing spondylitis - severe arthritic back trouble) and her family. I take my hat off to them.

Similarly I also take my hat off to the mother with the triplets, the mother with the twins, and the couple (now married) who have 2 special needs children.

jstevens1

charlotte wasnt in care was she i thought they were he real parents

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Thread Information