Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dynasty

still not convinced

The cat fights with Krsytal and Alexis or Alexis and Dominique were pretty good,

Dynasty starts on CBS Drama Sky 149 Nov 16th

OMG really from the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    OMG really from the beginning?
    yes

i won't get to see it as I recently moved and no longer have sky now have BT Vision

US soap Dynasty 'to be made into a film

The creators of 1980s soap Dynasty have announced plans to turn the US series into a film, according to reports.

Esther and Richard Shapiro are working on a prequel about Blake Carrington finding out he is heir to the family's oil empire.

"It was my daughter Florie's notion to do a prequel, and that sounded very good to us," Richard Shapiro said.

The original series starred Joan Collins and the late John Forsythe and ran from 1981 to 1989.

"We've given thought to the movie before and we've been approached by a lot of companies," Shapiro told the E! Online website.

"But no one seemed to have a proper fix on it. Then suddenly we said, 'Let's do it [ourselves]!' - and we're the ones to do it."

The movie version will be set in the 1960s and will feature Blake's love affair with Collins' character Alexis.

Catfights, glamour and giant shoulder pads became synonymous with the show, which also starred Linda Evans and the late Christopher Cazenove.

BBC News

The movie version will be set in the 1960s and will feature Blake's love affair with Collins' character Alexis.
    Wasnt Alexis Blake's first wife was there an affair also?

JOAN Collins says she'd love to return as Alexis Colby — after being told that a Dynasty revival may be on the cards.
    Joan, 78, who played Alexis from 1981 to 1989, said: "I've been in constant contact with Esther Shapiro, who wrote it, and apparently they've written a script.

But I can't tell you anything about it - it's top, top secret." The Brit actress added: "I would love to be Alexis again because it was a great role."

Eighties rival Dallas has already made a comeback.

But Joan confessed that a return of Dynasty could be difficult following the death last year of John Forsythe, who played Alexis's ex-husband Blake Carrington.

The Sun
    Last edited by Perdita; 08-09-2011 at 06:26.

Thread Information