View Poll Results: Who will be a bridesmaid at Sharon & Dennis's wedding?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chrissie

35 20.47%
  • Zoe

8 4.68%
  • Sam

2 1.17%
  • Little Mo

14 8.19%
  • Dot

48 28.07%
  • Pat

4 2.34%
  • Jane

21 12.28%
  • Nana Moon

7 4.09%
  • Yolande

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

32 18.71%
Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharon Watts Mitchell Rickman (Letitia Dean)

The real Dennis could possible make an appearence. Death is not the end in Walford. Bet the famous black leather jacket makes its appearance
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    The real Dennis could possible make an appearence. Death is not the end in Walford. Bet the famous black leather jacket makes its appearance
    OOooh yes please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    OOooh yes please!!
    LOL I thought that would please you
    Last edited by alan45; 18-02-2012 at 21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    LOL I thought that would please you
    Ah Alan 45 you know me too well! ;0)

EastEnders star Steve McFadden has said he will never get bored of playing Phil Mitchell because he changes so much.

The 52-year-old actor has been in the soap for over 20 years and seen the hardman through several marriages, battles with alcoholism and drug addiction and surviving being shot.

Steve told Inside Soap magazine: "I had some time to sit back and reflect over Christmas, because I was off doing panto.

"It's my 21st anniversary in the show, and all these year later, I'm still involved in the biggest, hottest and most exciting stories.

"I always say that I've played many different characters during my time in EastEnders - they've just all been Phil Mitchell!"

Letitia Dean - who played Phil's first love on the soap Sharon, his brother Grant's wife who he had an affair with - is set to return to Albert Square after six years.

Steve said he'd like to see the couple back together.

He said: "I think Sharon can touch a place in Phil's soul, and open a doorway that never got completely closed.

"So there's every chance that Letitia and I will be working together, and that Phil will see in Sharon something that he misses."

IT’S been more than six years since she was last in Walford, but actress Letitia Dean doesn’t look a day older as she makes her long-awaited return to EastEnders.

Letitia, who played Sharon Rickman (previously Watts) for more than 20 years, was spotted outside Elstree studios as she stopped her car to sign autographs for fans on her first day back at the BBC1 soap.

It was January 2006 when her pregnant character left Walford for America, devastated after husband Dennis had been murdered. But now she’s home – with young son Dennis Junior.

There will be plenty of familiar faces glad to see Sharon back in Albert Square. But what former flame Phil Mitchell and his fiancĂ©e Shirley will make of it is anyone’s guess.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...astEnders.html

Ello princess: Sharon Watts returns to EastEnders with dramatic kidnap storyline

Actress Letitia Dean began filming again on Wednesday with bosses hoping she will help turn the soap’s fortunes around

Back on the square: Letitia Dean
    BBC

Sharon Watts is back in EastEnders – teaming up with ex-lover Phil Mitchell in a bid to boost ratings.

Actress Letitia Dean began filming again on Wednesday after six years away from Albert Square with bosses hoping she will help turn the soap’s fortunes around.

And her return means the start of a dramatic new storyline.

During her absence, Sharon has given birth to a son – Dennis Jr, named after his dad – and the child has been kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend.

After getting into a spot of “bovver” she enlists bruiser Phil to help get him back.

It leads to a dramatic car chase through a forest as she and Phil, played by Steve McFadden, 53, try to reclaim the snatched youngster.

A show source said: “Sharon is petrified of losing her son. She has nowhere else to turn so as a last resort she goes to Phil.

“They have a lot of history together and he agrees to help, but it’s no easy task.

“The scenes are going to be emotional and gripping, which is exactly what Letitia wanted when she agreed to come back.

"They will be screened at the end of August and should ensure everyone is talking about the return of ‘Princess’ Sharon.”

The soap has been struggling in the ratings recently as many major cast members take a break.

Ill-fated: With screen husband Dennis
    BBC
    Episodes earlier this month dipped below six million, almost a record low for the series.

Jessie Wallace, 40 (Kat Moon) was off for several months earlier in the year, June Brown, 85 (Dot Branning), is currently on leave as is Adam Woodyatt, 43 (Ian Beale).

Other stars such as Patsy Palmer, 40, and Sid Owen, 40 – Ricky Butcher and Bianca Jackson – are also on indefinite breaks.

And new characters like Anthony Moon, introduced last July and played by Matt Lapinskas, have been axed after failing to fill the gap.

The show also lost out to Coronation Street in the Bafta awards and exec producer Bryan Kirkwood quit in March.

A source said: “Letitia’s return to the screen cannot come soon enough as far as the bosses are concerned.

"The show has been struggling in recent times and desperately needs a boost in the ratings as well as in morale.

“Letitia has already filmed a few scenes on location and will be at the Elstree studios next week.

“The old characters will love her being around and the new ones will soon get to know her and love hearing her infectious laugh.

“We’re really hoping that her reappearance will bring back some of the lost viewers too.”

Letitia, 44, announced in February that she was returning to the BBC1 soap.

At the time she said: “I am really looking forward to being a part of the EastEnders team again.

“The show has always been very close to my heart.” And her wallet too no doubt

In the past, Sharon has had her fair share of sensational plots – including marrying Grant Mitchell and having an explosive affair with his brother Phil.

She then had a romance with Dennis Rickman (Nigel Harman)before discovering he was her adoptive brother.

The pair married but he was then stabbed to death just after he found out she was pregnant – despite previously thinking she couldn’t have children.

While she has been away from Walford, Letitia has starred in pantomimes and was a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing in 2007.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (08-06-2012), tammyy2j (08-06-2012)

EASTENDERS' Sharon looks downcast as it's revealed her wedding to an unnamed suitor ends in disaster.

The outspoken blonde is seen walking out of the Queens Suite at a hotel, in scenes that will be aired in an upcoming episode of the BBC1 soap.

The beauty, played by soap legend Letitia Dean, 44, is about to get hitched to a mystery man, played by Jesse Birdsall.

But a raging row breaks out inside the venue, and he storms off with Dennis Junior — her son from her marriage to Dennis Rickman (Nigel Harman) who was killed off on New Year's Day in 2006.

Not all white on the night ... Sharon Watts (Letitia Dean)
    ISOIMAGES
    She turns to former lover Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) and the pals jump into a Range Rover and take off after him in a bid to track them down.

Sharon, the adopted daughter of Queen Vic villain Dirty Den (Den Watts), was played by Letitia at the BBC1 soap’s launch in 1985.

Mystery man ... played by Jesse Birdsall
    ISOIMAGES
    She had a famously stormy relationship with the Mitchell brothers, Grant and Phil.

The actress left Walford in 1995 but returned three times between 2001 and 2006.

Sharon was last seen heading to the US after hubby Dennis was killed.

Distress ... Sharon Watts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-06-2012)

Jesse Birdsall from Bugs is coming into EE

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Jesse Birdsall from Bugs is coming into EE

http://www.fanpix.net/picture-galler...e-10427023.htm had to look this guy up,,, ah he is a perfect foil for SHARON

Thread Information