Thread: eric pollards son

eric pollards son

The women of Emmerdale had best watch out – there's a new man on the loose.

Matthew Wolfenden, 26, joins the cast of the Yorkshire-based soap next month as David Metcalfe – and the only thing he has against him is that he's the son of wheeler-dealer Eric Pollard (Chris Chittell).

David arrives in the Dales and immediately turns the ladies' heads, but he’s got more important things on his mind than women – he's on a mission to confront his father, who doesn’t even know of his existence.

And before revealing his identity, he starts work at the factory in an attempt to find out more about his estranged father.

Of his new role, Matthew said: ”I’m thrilled to be joining the cast of Emmerdale as David Metcalfe. David is a great character and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for him.”

Meanwhile, series producer Kathleen Beedles added: “We are delighted to welcome Matthew to the cast. There will be dramatic times ahead when Pollard is faced with the news that he’s got a son.”

Matthew's debut scenes will air on Sunday, November 26.

(from digital spy)

pollards other son

what happened to his other son the one he had with, his wife who was ment to have died in the plane crash

Talking Emmerdale Beck-ons

EMMERDALE’s new hunk Matthew Wolfenden is getting a second crack at fame after his dream of gymnastic success was wrecked by an accident.

David Beckham look-a-like Matthew, 26, will have the soap’s women panting when he joins the cast as devious Eric Pollard’s ******* son David Metcalfe on November 26.

Instead of soap success, Matthew could have become a top gymnast but for a freak accident that almost left him crippled when he was 16 and a member of the British team.

He told us: “I was training with the British squad when I came off the rings apparatus fell on my head and damaged my lower back badly enough to prevent me ever doing gymnastics again.

“It could have been a lot worse but it was very painful and I had to go to hospital and I spent the next three years having treatment for my back injury.

"It was a problem for a long time. I started gymnastics when I was six and I still miss it.

“But if that hadn’t happened I wouldn’t have got involved in amateur dramatics and dancing and I wouldn’t have got this part in Emmerdale.”

His character turns heads when he arrives in the village looking for Eric Pollard (Chris Chittell) who fathered him during a fling with his secretary in the early 1980s.

Matthew said: “When he turns up everyone falls in love with David apart from Eric who is gobsmacked and refuses to believe that it’s true.

“I’ve really enjoyed doing scenes with Chris and I’ve started calling him ‘Dad’. Some people on the set have said that we actually resemble each other.”

Matthew has also been limbering up for kissing scenes with gorgeous Hayley Tamaddon who plays Delilah Dingle and he said: “She’s David’s love interest.”

The rising star hopes that his long-time girlfriend dancer Joanne Cavanagh, who recently appeared in the stage show Sinatra, won’t get jealous because of all the extra female attention, which the role is bound to attract.

He laughed: “Joanne has actually met Hayley on other jobs so she’s not green with envy but I’m sure she will be closing her eyes when the kissing scenes are actually on TV.

“We’ve been together five years and we met on my first job out of college which ironically was Romeo And Juliet but we weren’t playing the lead roles. Joanne has a great laugh when I’m described as a heartthrob as she’s seen me on my bad hair days!”

Matthew admits that he does quite look like Real Madrid star Becks, but he chuckled: “I don’t think I’m better looking than him but I am younger!

“People have been saying for years that I look like Beckham which is quite nice. It would be great to have some of his money and to nab some of his commercial work when he goes off the radar!”

Matthew isn’t worried about fame or being mobbed by female fans. He told us: “The fame part is worrying but exciting. I’m more terrified of no-one knowing who I am.

This isn’t the first time that Halifax-born Matthew has appeared in Emmerdale. He recalled: “I was an extra in the show when I was 17; it was my first TV job.

“I was sat in the café being served breakfast by Betty – I got something like £75 for the day’s work.”

Before landing Emmerdale, Matthew played a stripper in Hollyoaks, appeared in panto with Sir Ian McKellen and most recently he was in a national tour of musical Saturday Night Fever.

Matthew will spend at least eight months in the soap much to the delight of his mum Janet who he describes as “Emmerdale’s biggest fan” and his dad Ian.

He went on: “They’re very pleased for me and delighted that I’m not living far away from them in Halifax. Joanne and I have lived in London for five years so it’s been a bit of a wrench uprooting ourselves to return up north.

“But I can’t believe how lucky I am – I think fate has been smiling on me.”

David Beckam look-a-like........Sure neither are good looking but other than that I see no similarity
    Last edited by deadlyvampiress; 22-11-2006 at 19:05.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyvampiress
    David Beckam look-a-like........Sure neither are good looking but other than that I see no similarity
    He is so lush and has doubled as Beck's on occassions so The Sun says ! He is still very very lush though

gotta admit,he's not a bad bit of eye candy!

Thread Information