Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irwin death film 'will never air'

Irwin death film 'will never air'

Footage of Australian naturalist Steve Irwin's death will never be broadcast, his widow Terri has said in her first interview since his 4 September death.
    "What purpose would that serve?" she asked presenter Barbara Walters in an interview with US programme 20/20.

"Crocodile Hunter" Irwin was killed by a stingray during a diving expedition off the Australian coast.

His wife, however, insisted his death was just a "stupid" accident - "like running with a pencil".

The American-born Irwin said she would continue to work in the field of wildlife conservation and was coping with her grief "one minute at a time".

The pre-recorded interview will be broadcast in the US and Australia on Wednesday.

'Masterfully planned'

The 42-year-old mother of two said her late husband knew he would not live a long life.

Irwin (centre) was not with her husband at the time of his death
    "He'd talk about it often," she said. "But it wasn't because of any danger from wildlife. He just felt life could be dangerous."

She also pledged to maintain the Australia Zoo in Beerwah, Queensland, which she co-owned with her late husband.

"He planned all of that masterfully," she continued. "He planned this wonderful business so that it could continue if anything happened to him."

Plans are in place to rename the road that runs past the zoo Steve Irwin Way by the end of the year.

Queensland state leader Peter Beattie said it would be "the first step in helping to build a lasting memorial" to the exuberant TV personality.

Im well glad that it wouldnt air, it would just feel wrong and well i know i wouldnt watch it
    Last edited by Abbie; 28-09-2006 at 21:02.

i aggree. what purpose would it serve to air it????
    it should be locked it a vault forever!!!!

I think it should be destroyed, i think it horrible to someone die, when you know its actually happened and you consider the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by abblette
    I think it should be destroyed, i think it horrible to someone die, when you know its actually happened and you consider the circumstances.
    good point, who on earth would want to watch it???
    if it got into the wrong hands and got on the net.....it does not bear thinking about!!

Quote Originally Posted by willow
    if it got into the wrong hands and got on the net.....it does not bear thinking about!!
    i never thought of that, that would just be terrible, i can see that happening now actually. Im started to think that the tape might not exsist anymore, well i hope it doesnt.

i think the only reason they are keeping it is for the inquest, and then if they have any sense they will destroy it.....hopefully!!

i think the only reason they are keeping it is for the inquest, and then if they have any sense they will destroy it.....hopefully!!
    yes well hopefully, they must of thought about it getting into wrong hands so it should be destroyed.

im not sure, yes it shouldnt be aired because it would be too painfull for his family to watch over and over BUT.. the actual documentary should be shown just cutting out the death bits beacuse that is what he would have wanted. he said that he wanted his death to be filmed and teh crew retuened to finish the documentry so the documentary should be carefully edited then shown

It has already been on the net, it was on two days after his death, and then taking off after 5 days.I know people that watched it.

Thread Information