Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria Sugden

She is far too young and immature for motherhood, I hope it is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Oh we didn't see that one coming a mile away, don't they teach sex education in schools in soapland.
    Victoria would have to go to school for that to happen.

Don't think she is pregnant, but it would be a story for Daz to return to, she gets back with Aaron, making Daz extremely jealous, we will just have to wait to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by sykegirl1 View Post
    i hope she is pregnant this really would shake it up in the dales, i hope they do get together in the end i think this would probably be what victoria needs to calm herself down i think they could be really sweet together
    How would it?
    It's been done before with Debbie and also with that 13 year old whose name I can't remember that left the baby on a doorstep.

Victoria could never be 'sweet'. She would ruin the character of Daz.

Perdita said
    She is far too young and immature for motherhood
    I agree. She is also too selfish.

Daz wouldn't be jealous. He doesn't feel that way about her. He just looks embarrassed and terrified when she starts throwing herself at him. Terrified of what she'll do if he doesn't play along.
    Last edited by lilliput; 24-03-2009 at 16:41.

Emmerdale's Victoria Sugden receives a shock next week as Val Pollard confides in her about her HIV scare.

Val (Charlie Hardwick) needs someone to talk to after husband Eric (Chris Chittell) spots her spending time with Ian and assumes that they are having an affair.

Here, Isabel Hodgins - who plays Victoria - reveals how her character reacts when she learns the truth behind the situation.

Can Victoria sense that Val is behaving strangely at the moment?
    "Yes, Victoria has noticed. Val isn't the nicest of people, but she is particularly snappy and very blunt at the moment, so Victoria knows all is not well with her. Val does wear her emotions on her sleeve, so Victoria susses out that something is wrong."

Would you say that Victoria is now taking over some of Amy's role in Val and Eric's lives?
    "Definitely. Although Amy was a problem because she had so much going on, she definitely looked after the both of them. Amy cared about Val and Eric's marriage, and I think that's what Victoria is starting to be like too.

"Amy always used to push Val and Eric back together because they were their own worst enemies, so now Victoria has decided that she's the person who has got to do that."

How does Victoria react when Eric and Val break up over Ian next week?
    "Victoria is devastated at the thought that Val is having an affair. Victoria has been involved in everything that Val, Eric and Amy have been through, so for Val to go and have an affair is just ridiculous."

What happens when Victoria confronts Val over her behaviour?
    "Victoria is very angry that Val has hurt Eric like that. Normally you'd expect Val to fight her own corner, but she's already defeated."

How does Victoria react when Val reveals what's really going on?
    "She's shocked, scared for Val and a little bit confused. She's just in disbelief, I think. Val still isn't sure if she has HIV, but in her head she's adamant that she has got it and may have given it to Eric. Val is thinking of the worst case scenario.

"Victoria kind of becomes the grown-up in the situation. She says, 'You need to get yourself tested. Eric may have it so you need to face the facts and deal with it in the appropriate way'."

How does Val feel about that?
    "She's still reluctant at this point. In her head she has got it, but she doesn't want to see the results in black and white, so she's being a bit awkward about it really."

Is Victoria aware of what this could do to Val and Eric's marriage?
    "Yes she is, but Val is thinking of the worst case scenario. Victoria is a bit more naïve and says, 'If you tell him…' but Val says, 'Tell him I might have given him something that could possibly kill him?' It's Victoria's youth that just makes her say that everything will be fine, when potentially it might not be."

Victoria tries to help Val by giving her some support literature about HIV, doesn't she?
    "Yeah, it doesn't go down very well. Victoria gives it to Val in the café. That's a public place, so Victoria didn't really think that through, as anybody could see it.

"Val doesn't want the help. She needs help but she doesn't want it, so she ends up burning the leaflets because she doesn't want anyone to see them. Victoria is trying to help, but she's being a bit of a hindrance at the same time."

Can Victoria be trusted to keep Val's secret?
    "Yeah, partly because she's scared of Val. If she did let the cat out of the bag, Val would just destroy Victoria! But with something like this, it's a really serious thing. Val and Victoria have built up a good relationship and they do have each other's backs."

Would Victoria tell Eric the truth if Val couldn't or wouldn't?
    "Yeah. She loves the pair of them and because it is so serious and potentially life-threatening, she feels that Eric needs and deserves to know. If Val continued refusing to tell Eric, Victoria would take matters into her own hands."

What is your reaction to being part of this storyline?
    "I was so shocked when I found out that Emmerdale were doing this, but it's an amazing storyline to be involved in. Charlie and Chris are amazing to work with so I feel very privileged and I'm just excited to see where it leads."

Last edited by tammyy2j; 21-01-2014 at 00:28.

Emmerdale's Barton family could be expanding next week (a good job after those recent deaths) as Victoria reveals that she might be pregnant.

Victoria drops the bombshell on her husband Adam (Adam Thomas) as she's rushed into hospital amid a huge and violent family argument.

Tensions boil over for the Barton clan when Ross (Michael Parr) cheekily kisses Victoria, then challenges her to tell Adam all about it – clearly spoiling for a fight.

When word of the kiss does reach Adam, all hell breaks loose as the two Barton boys clash angrily. However, when Victoria gets caught up in the scuffle and screams out in pain, she leaves everyone panicked by revealing that she may be expecting a baby.

Adam Barton and Ross Barton fight in Emmerdale
    © ITV

Isabel Hodgins, who plays Victoria, revealed: "Victoria gives Ross a big slap after the kiss. She confides in Finn and tells him not to say anything, but Finn goes straight to have a big argument with Ross which Adam then overhears.

"Then Victoria arrives and Ross says: 'Adam's not happy because of what happened between us', stirring the pot. Ross keeps going with it, so Adam ends up retaliating. Victoria tries to break it up but gets hurt in the crossfire.

"We don't know how hurt she is, but the main impact is in the rib area. She needs medical attention, but she's also been suspecting that she's pregnant for a couple of weeks, although she's been putting it to the back of her mind."

Adam Barton and Ross Barton fight in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    As Victoria awaits the result of a pregnancy test at the hospital, she feels increasingly heartbroken as it dawns on her that Adam isn't too excited about possible parenthood.

Isabel added: "Adam is not as sold with it as Victoria is. I think Victoria would be a good mum, though. We've seen with her brothers that she likes to offer tough love.

"With Adam, she also stood by him when he thought he was Johnny's father. So she's definitely got what it takes to be a good parent."

Digital Spy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kiwigirl (01-11-2016), tammyy2j (01-11-2016)

Is she sick or pregnant or was she just tired after spending night in police station with Moira?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is she sick or pregnant or was she just tired after spending night in police station with Moira?
    Probably all of it .. but pregnancy certainly is something to consider

Emmerdale couple Adam and Victoria Barton are left devastated by a trip to the fertility clinic next week.

The pair head off to get tests done after Diane Sugden gives them cash for a private appointment, allowing them to get answers on whether they'll have trouble conceiving or not.

Adam and Victoria first agreed to try for a baby late last year, but they've yet to have any luck and it's clear that Victoria is starting to worry next week.

When Victoria and Adam apprehensively attend their appointment at the clinic, it's the outcome they feared as they receive some bad news – but will it put a major strain on their relationship?

Adam Thomas, who plays Adam, revealed: "They're both a little bit worried about the appointment, but Adam is putting on a brave face because he doesn't want Victoria to worry even more. She's thinking that there's a problem and that it's with her.

"Adam and Victoria then find out at the fertility clinic that they can't have children. It's bad news for them, but it's just another stumbling block in their relationship. Hopefully they can get through it. Vic and Adam have been through a lot, so it's not going to cause too much damage. Hopefully not, anyway."

In the immediate aftermath, Adam drowns his sorrows at The Woolpack and later has a heart-to-heart with Ronnie Hale, who reaches out to him in his time of need.

Adam continued: "Him and Ronnie actually have a bit of a tussle. Adam is not taking the news well, as he's hitting the bottle a little bit and he's taking his anger out on other people.

"Ronnie is just there asking questions all the time. He's getting on Adam's nerves, so Adam gives him a little shove and Ronnie gives him a little shove back! Afterwards they have a heart-to-heart.

"It's still a rocky road for Adam and Victoria afterwards. Adam's facing his problems and Victoria is facing hers. But they've been through so much together with Vanessa and little Johnny. Victoria even took on Johnny thinking Adam was the father. That shows what an amazing person she is.

"It's going to be tough, but hopefully they'll come out the other side of it."

Digital Spy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (11-04-2017)

Thread Information