Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grant faces the bullet

Grant faces the bullet

He’s had more comebacks than Tom Jones - but now EastEnders' Grant Mitchell could be killed off once and for all, because BBC bosses are fed up with actor Ross Kemp “popping back for the odd week”.

Show producer Kate Harwood issued the warning, claiming fans will feel cheated if Ross keeps returning for short appearances. “As far as Ross Kemp goes, we’d both say that you can’t go on popping back for the odd week here and there, as you start to squander the character’s currency,” she said. “If he does come back again, we’d want him for longer – that’s just common sense.”

The Walford bruiser made a brief return to the Square earlier this year and immediately set about devising some super-hardman stings – such as giving gentleman gangster Johnny Allen a wedgie and slapping Ian Beale with a freshly-battered haddock – before leaving for a new life abroad with daughter Courtney. Soap bosses have left the door open for Grant’s return - but if he does chance another comeback, the Grim Reaper could well be waiting for him.

Sources: Daily Star

It definetly makes sense...Grant coming back and going all the time would just get ridiculous, killing him off once and for all if he does keep coming and going would be a logical thing to do.

I know its really irritating when he comes back, theres always a huge build up and then its never as good as anyone expects. The same goes for Letitia Dean shes popped back alot, i mean its not fair that they should come back have a dead good story then bog off on holiday for 6 months or longer and do the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by cornetgal
    I know its really irritating when he comes back, theres always a huge build up and then its never as good as anyone expects. The same goes for Letitia Dean shes popped back alot, i mean its not fair that they should come back have a dead good story then bog off on holiday for 6 months or longer and do the same again.
    Not only that but it costs us Tellytax payers a fortune to bwing Gwant back
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

i personally don't see problem with chatectors popping back for visits cos we all know someone who moves away and returns to visit family and freinds that would make EE more realistic,the only problem is EE hasn't been realistic for a long time also phill sent sam to stay with grant but than grant returned home nd then left for portugal leaving sam alone in brazil,and neither her mother or brothers have bothered to check she's OK,

I think if they do decided to kill of grant mitchell, it will be one of the biggest mistakes that the writers will make. Ross Kemp is a talented actor and has saved EE bacon on more than one occasion with returning to the square. Its down to him that steve mcfadden and barbara windsor are still in a job as they rely on grant to return and fix things. I'm not an EE fan and personally couldn't give two hoots on whether the show was axed or not, but I will say this that Ross is one of the few actors to have been able to carve a sucsessful career for himself away from albert square and if my memory serves me correct it was the writers who begged Ross Kemp to come back to the show and not the other way around.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Hang on a min - they threaten Ross Kemp with this, but not Letitia Dean (whose had far more comebacks than Grant) - whats that all about?! I agree he shouldn't really come back at the moment - but at least he has family in Walford so therefore has a reason to return. Whats Sharons reasons for returning all the time - before she had one, but now she hasn't, apart from Pauline but its not as if Pauline is family, yet there have been rumours gallore about her returning yet again. She's the one that should be permanently removed from the square if anyone.

I think you are right there though Kath - the bosses were doing everything they could to get him to return, and got Steve and Barbara involved too.
    Last edited by Jojo; 24-09-2006 at 09:34.

totally agree, if you're going to come to return to the square theres no point in coming back for the odd week, this will make a great storyline however!

Don't forget about Frank, it is rumoured he maybe popping back again. Double standards. Once a character leaves that should be it, no return the actor/actress should move on to other projects.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

i dont see whats EE's problem is, everyone loves it when grant comes back, its a ratings winner. plus everyone has family members who live away and just visit every now and again, thats REAL life

Thread Information