Thread: 'Dream Team' actress joins Corrie cast

'Dream Team' actress joins Corrie cast

Former Dream Team babe Alison King has joined the cast of Britain's most famous street.

The 33-year-old actress – who played Linda Block in the now-axed Sky One football drama – is to appear on the Cobbles as Carla Connor, wife of Paul Connor (Sean Gallagher).

Of the new signing, a Coronation Street spokeswoman said: "She will make quite an impact. The phrase ‘dosh doesn’t make you posh’ was made for Carla. She’s a WAG on the cobbles, beautiful, but tough and ambitious.

"She has designs on launching her own range of kids’ clothing and sees her hubby’s investment in Underworld as a way of getting her business off the ground, introducing a new level of gritty intrigue and spice to the factory."

Coincidentally, Alison has appeared in Corrie on two other occasions – two years ago as a love interest of Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) and previously in 1982 as a child. Her other connection with the ITV soap is that she is the ex-girlfriend of Phil Middlemiss, who played Des Barnes in the soap between 1990 and 1998.

Alison starts filming mid-October and will be on-screen from the beginning of December.

ooh, yay, i love Alison King, Linda was my favourite character in Dream Team. I think she is a really talented actress.

one word - superb!!!!

I cant sing the praises of this actress enough!!! She is superb and has a great on screen prescence!!!!!!!!!! I am overjoyed to here this...

Another Reason for me to ditch Eastenders in favour of "quality" soap operas, Corrie and Emmerdale are just getting better and better by the day!

Bring on Alison!!!

can't wait. she's a great actress.

Great addition to the cast i remember her as the bored housewife Jason had a fumble with. She was brillant in Dream Team and does look like a WAG. There was a rumour that she was in talks for part in Eastenders well it looks like their loss.

Wicked, i used to love her in Dream Team, ive always had a bit of a crush on her as well hehe.
    I wonder how Jason will react lol, even though shes playing a diff character

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

Thread Information