Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy's Pregnancy

Maybe Baby?
    Amy fears she is pregnant with devastating consequences

Amy Barnes (Ashley Slanine Davies) finally confesses to Michaela (Hollie Jay Bowes) her fear that she is pregnant (Sept 14, C4, 6.30pm).

With her friend's support Amy finally plucks up the courage to take the test, but is devastated when she finds it is positive.

After confronting the father, only to be branded a slag, Amy's distress reaches new levels as she decides to take matters into her own hands with a deliberate attempt to miscarry the baby.

Ashley Slanine Davies, who plays Amy, comments: “Amy is at her wits end and decides to follow an old wives tale for inducing a miscarriage. She's an intelligent girl, but feeling she has noone to turn to, resorts to a dangerous solution to the pregnancy.”

Aww i cant believe shes going to try and miscarry. I think this will turn into a good story. I assume if thats the route then she knows its too late for a termination.

I think Amy tries to commit suicide

Amys Agony

Here is this weeks article about Amys pregnancy in this weeks inside soap.

After struggling to confess to paretns Mike and kathy that she is expecting a baby following a one night stand, pregnant teenager Amy Barnes puts her health at risk this week - by taking an overdose on pills to attempt to force a misscarriage!

"Amy wants to tell her family about the baby but cant bring herself to do so" Explains Ashley who playes her
    "She breaks down in tears while talking to her dad, but he just thinks she is upset by the death of the burton twins"

Feeling unable to turn to her mum and dad for support, Amy takes matters into her own hands.

"when she is at her mate michaelas house, Amy finds some Contraceptive pills belonging toe Michaelas sister Mercedes. She takes all of them in the hope of having a miscarriage. She is at the point now where she deosnt care if she ends her own life"

The following day Amy feels unwell giving her dad cause for concern.

"Amy gets up and vomits, but she isnt sure if this is the effect of the pills or morning sickness, her father is really worried about her - and wants to take her to the hospital" says Ashley

Fearing the medics might tell Mike about the pregnancy, Amy says that she is hungover. mike jumps to the conclusion that she was drunk , he shouts at Amy and Amy goes along with it as it is the eassy way out.

unable to bear the burden alone any more, amy prepares to come clean at Kathys 40th birthday party. but as shes about to reveal all she is interuppted by a shocking revelation.

"the truth about Kathys fling with Rhys, Sarahs ex comes out and it all kicks off. Are things going to get a whole lot worse for for Amy ..."

Poor girl, from what I read she will feel very isolated and alone. I hope things turn out good for her in the end.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

Yeah i do as well, i dont want her to have a termination as there have been an awful lot of them in soaps recently. I think thats might be the route that is taken though.

Just watched the end of the e4 eppy and i saw the bit where she finds out. How old is she by the way?

Wonder if she wil keep it or have an abortion. 24 weeks pregnant is the maximum you can be to have an abortion but thats like 6 months isnt! Never thought of it like that before. Someone would be showing big time by then! After wtaching EE i think she might possibly have a termination, its a huge pressure on a young girl (like stacey ee) and some dont realise how big it is till its over. Hope she keeps it though. I dont remeber watchign a teen pregnancy story on hollyoaks though there probably has been ive just forgotton or hadnt started watching at that point. Be a good story.
    ~*~ Thanks to Collé For Banner ~*~

I think she is 15, she slept with Billy on her birthday

i hope those contraceptive pills dont harm her baby, i dont want another soap miscarriage/termination
    Last edited by Tanya; 18-09-2006 at 16:43.
    ;) Loving eastenders forever!!! ;) ;)

no idont either. I hope that she has the baby but gets the support needed from her family.

THere last teen pregnancy was probably Cindy Cunningham. And that was a long time ago.

Thread Information