Thread: coronation street tour

coronation street tour

is granada studios still open i read somewhere on the internet it closed in 2001 so i thought i would double check with you guys

I think the tours have but they still film there. Thats the impression i get from it anyway. I think its one of te proposed locations for the BBCs move up North.

The Granada Studios Tours closed in 1999, due to a massive reduction in visitor numbers. It was no longer financially viable for Granada to keep the tours open, as well as fitting in the filming required for Coronation Street which was now being shown four times a week.

Traditionally, the Granada Studios Tours did not take place on Monday with the day being dedicated to the filming of all exterior Coronation Street shots for that week. By 1999 the pressure of recording four episodes' worth of exterior shots in just one day was too much.

Many factors led to the closure of the tours.

Of course, the Granada complex is still used for filming of Coronation Street, and the closure of the tours allowed the exterior set to be expanded. The Victoria Street part of the set was added (Roys Rolls, Butcher's, Streetcars etc) in 2000.

Thread Information