Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11 5 years on

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    I agree Siobhan - compelling viewing, done very well. Even the guy, Victor, who couldn't go on and Harry who stayed with him and then they both perished, the one who got out, but felt like a coward because he didn't stay with them both or try and get them out. And then the firefighters that, had they been on one floor higher or lower, when the buildings had collapsed, they would have perished, but just through stopping to help the woman (Veronica), it slowed their descent enough that they were on the right floor at the right time and survived. The Engineer (Frank) and the other guy that was with him that helped save 50 peoples lives, but perished themselves. It showed true courage and character in these people and those that have come through it and survived.
    I have found a web version of that movie Loose change which says that 9/11 was a US government thing that was covered up and made to look like terrorist
    Super Mod

It was a very good programme i think, alot of inside details because all we ever really knew was about an actual plane flying in to them and not like the views of the inside, it scared me when the plane flew through that office (the bit where you saw it flying at the window and getting closer then eventually flying over that man's desk) i was not expecting to see a plane flying through an office. Sadly i fell asleep 5 mins before the end so im not overly sure of who managed to survive what about the dude with the two girls who had that man encourage him to try and get out so he could tell them he was alright, what happened to him?

Very good programme and well handled i think, certainly made me understand the whole thing more as i was only 12 when it happened so didnt really know much

Sig dedicated to Charley

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixie-Lou
    It was a very good programme i think, alot of inside details because all we ever really knew was about an actual plane flying in to them and not like the views of the inside, it scared me when the plane flew through that office (the bit where you saw it flying at the window and getting closer then eventually flying over that man's desk) i was not expecting to see a plane flying through an office. Sadly i fell asleep 5 mins before the end so im not overly sure of who managed to survive what about the dude with the two girls who had that man encourage him to try and get out so he could tell them he was alright, what happened to him?

Very good programme and well handled i think, certainly made me understand the whole thing more as i was only 12 when it happened so didnt really know much
    That man perished (Victor) along with the guy that was trying to persuade him to keep going (Harry).

I just found this.. and I thought I might as well post it here instead of a another topic in the General Discussion as it's sort of already here..

----------------

Plans for three huge buildings which will replace the buildings destroyed in the September 11 terror attacks on New York have been revealed.

The skyscrapers will be built in a part of the city called Ground Zero, which is where the twin towers of the World Trade Center used to stand.

They were destroyed in 2001 when armed people took control of passenger planes and flew them into the buildings.

A fourth skyscraper, called the Freedom Tower, will also be built on the site. The work will be finished by 2012.

The towers of the World Trade Center collapsed soon after the planes hit the buildings, killing about 3,000 people.

A memorial park has been built where the towers used to be, and the new buildings will stand in a semi-circle around it.

The tallest of the buildings revealed on Friday will have four diamond shapes on top that will light up part of New York at night.

The three new buildings are designed to look good next to the Freedom Tower - which at 541m (1,776ft) is set to become the tallest building in the United States.

An artist made this image showing how the Freedom Tower will look when it's finished. It's the tallest building in the picture.

That could have been what they were doing when i was there, now i think of it the sort of place where the building i saw was could have been the start of a semi circle around the site of Ground Zero. Im glad they re building around it and not totally on it.

I couldnt believe it lastnight when they said in that film they knew them 3 people were terrorists and were learning to fly yet they got into America with no problems

Sig dedicated to Charley

lets hope the new buildings have easier access to get out. the programme showed how difficult it was to get out with stairwells stopping half way down, then you would have to cross the whole building to find the next stairwell to carry on going down, how ridiculous was that!
    POOKIE

I'd just like to pay my respects to all those who died, as today is the day.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

You just got there before me... I am not sure if there is going to be a minute silence today but I will have my own one as a mark of respect.
    Super Mod

We didnt have a silence thing in college but i have spent most of the day thinking about it, i think im more sad about it now that ive been there and also i now know more about it from the programmes that have been on recently so thats another reason ive probably spent most of the day thinking about it

Sig dedicated to Charley

I thought it was the 9th of September because of the switched over dates but then when I woke up I realised it was today..

Rest In Peace to all which died today x

I'm so upset/angry because someone asked if we are having a minutes silent and the teachers got told nothing about it and the whole class got angry..
    We seem to have more care in the world compared to the teachers in our school.. It's really not right!!

Thread Information