Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11 5 years on

9/11 5 years on

Don't know if anyone is interested but over the next few days there is a lot of documentaries (eye witness accounts and such) about the 9/11 attacks

2 have caught my eye Tonight 9pm on C4: miracle on stairway B. This is the account of people who walked from the tower despite been buried in the rubble.

And Thursday 9pm BBC1 (can't remember the name) but it gives account of surviours on the floor just and below where the planes hit.
    Super Mod

I will be watching tonight C4 then!! I love thier 9pm programs. 5 years on.. wow..

wow has it really been 5 years. i remeber clearly the towers collapsing on tv. might as well watch the c4 then. seems interesting.

Its hard to believe that it is 5 years already. I watched a documentary about the destination of the planes in the attack. I still found it very emotional to watch

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

What a show... got mum watching it to and it was soo sad seeing it all over again. Mum got a bit upset.. It was really moving.. their stories and the miracle..

Especially the sun coming out of all that dust/smoke!!

I watched this last night and it was very moving and heartbreaking. I was asking my boyfriend if it seemed like ages from when the first tower fell and when the second did (I know it was only 25 mins) he said everyone was expecting it and it was just a case of when.. I was in labour when all this happened so I only every seen the film footage.. to me both towers fell with in a minute of each other cause I never saw it real time..

I think it is one of those things. Everyone knows where they were when this happened..
    Super Mod

I can remeber very vididly where I was and what I was doing when the tragedy happened. I was at my sisters and she was playing elite force on the computer over the internet. she used to play matches with some american users during a game one of them started saying all this stuff about a plane hitting the twin towers and the pentagon. We thought they were making all the stuff up about the terrorists so I went through to the living room and put the telly onto sky news just as the plane was about to crash into the second tower. It was so sureal as if I was sitting watching a movie I just couldn't believe it

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Its absolutely terrible that the events of 9/11 have been forgotten. 3500 ordinary decent people yellow/black/white protestant catholic/muslim/hindu/jewish lost their live to some religious nuts. All it was was MURDER] and for what so as we all could live under Sharia Law. Bliars law is bad enough but relious and political freedom our God given (well by my God anyway) rights so we should all join together in memory of the innocent and stiffen our resolve to defeat the terrorist thugs.
    Last edited by alan45; 06-09-2006 at 01:27.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I'm in New York in November this year, and I will be once again going to the site of the Trade Centers to pay my respects to all those that lost their lives 5 years ago (as I did the year after it happened). No one should forget why they died and I hope a fitting memorials/tributes are permanently laid where all victims fell.
    Last edited by Jojo; 06-09-2006 at 12:47.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    I'm in New York in November this year, and I will be once again going to the site of the Trade Centers to pay my respects to all those that lost their lives 5 years ago (as I did the year after it happened). No one should forget why they died and I hope a fitting memorials/tributes are permanently laid where all victims fell.
    when we were in new york we went to the site of the world trade centre to pay our respects, it really is quite upsetting going there and seeing the site knowing what used to be there. also they have pictures and messages from kids whos relatives died that day, they made me cry

the only thing that really annoyed me though was the fact that the majority of people were there to pay their respects and remember the victims but a few people seemed to not be showing any respect at all by either trying to promote their businesses (there were 2 or 3 different people there trying to hand out flyers for their restaurants) which i think is appauling!

i agree with both ems and alan that people should never forgot those that died, and its sad to say it but i think that quite a few people already have. i dont know whether they will have a 1 or 2 minute silence on the 11th as its been 5 years and if they do i know ill be taking part in it, however i know a lot of people who wont, like my old school for instance, they never take part in the silence for remembrance day so i wont be surprised if they ignore this one too. it makes me really angry that people can just forget all these victims that lost their lives, and they cant even take 1 or 2 minutes out of their lives to remember them!
    sorry about the rant
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information