Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SoapBoards Movie Quiz

SoapBoards Movie Quiz

With the sucess of MSN Quiz Night's, and the keen intrest shown in the movie forum on this site I have decided to start a weekly film quiz for members to take part in.

About The Quiz

Each Friday I will post 20 questions, you then have a week to pm/email the answers to the adress in my user profile. If you dont know all the answers by the end of the week just send me what you have.

Rules:

My answers are final unless you have sufficent evidence to suggest otherwise.

Entries must be sent to me by 12pm (Midday) of a Thursday each week.

Altough I cannot prevent you from using sourcres such as books, magazines and the internet, I would prefer it if you just used your own knowledge, its more fun that way.

Quiz 1

I shall post the first quiz on a Thursday this week, giving you all an extra day than usual incase you have questions/queries that you wish to ask me.

Good luck all and have fun!
    Last edited by Bryan; 31-08-2006 at 14:27.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    So will they be posted today then??

Sounds great hun - looking forward to taking part (will they all be on Bond?! ) Sorry - joking, please don't exclude me

Omg!! I can't wait for this.. great idea BB xx

sounds great, please post it today as i'm away from tonight until monday with no computer access!

Quiz 1 Questions (Answers Added 7/9/06)

1) Natalie Portman's first ever film appearance was along Jean Reno in which 1994 movie?

Leon - a superb movie that you must all see before you die.

2) Name 3 links between children's musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the James Bond film franchise.

There are various links, here are 3:

Same Producer: Cubby Brocoli, Same Author: Ian Fleming, Actor Gert Frobe

3) Which singing sensation sang the song "What's It All About, Alfie?" for Micheal Cain's hit movie Alfie back in 1964.

Cher!

You all said Cilla Black, and I believed that to be the case, but in the credits Cher sang it, and my dad confirmed this, however Cilla Black made the song famous after the movie.

4) Actresses Honour Blackman, Diana Rigg, Linda Thorson and Joana Lumley have all appeared in cult tv show "The Avengers", but which 1 of these 4 DID NOT appear in a James Bond film.

Linda Thorson!

Honour Blackman (Goldfinger) Diana Rigg & Joanna Lumley (On Her Majesty's Secret Service)

5) Which of Tarinto's favourite films was his production company A Band Apart inspired by?

Bande à part

A 1964 french film by director Jean Luc Goddard

6) Catherine Trammel (Basic Instinct), Jessica Rabbit (Who Shot Rodger Rabbit) and Elektra (Daredevil) could all be described under which french phrase, a stock character in Hollywood movies.

Femme Fatale

7) Who voiced the villanous Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy?

James Earl Jones

8) Arguably one of the best films ever made,Schindler's List was nominated for twelve Academy Awards, but how many did it actually win?

9) 2001 hit Moulin Rouge, featured Nicole Kidman singing "Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend", but which movie was this song originally featured in?

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

10) Lewis Arquette has had 5 children, name them.

Patricia, Richmond, Alexis, David, Rosanna

11) In the past week newspapers have reported that terrorist Osama Bin Laden had the hots for Whitney Houston, but which "bodyguard" would have to protect her from any kidnap attempts?

Kevin Costner

12) Fagin (Oliver Twist 2005), The Hood (Thunderbirds) and Mahatma Gandhi (Gandi) are all characters played by which veteran actor?

Sir Ben Kinglsey

13) Sharon Stone starred alongside Micheal Douglas in 1992's Basic Instinct, but who was her co star in the 2006 sequel?

David Morisey

14) He's played a twisted bishop in The Davinci Code and a 8 legged doctor in Spiderman, who am I referring to?

Alfred Molina

15) The Hunchback Of Notre Damn, Lilo & Stitch and Beauty & The Beast have one actor in common, who is he?

David Ogden Stiers

16) "The Pinball Wizard" and "The Acid Queen" are characters from which 1975movie, and who played those roles?

Tommy, Tina Turner Played The Acid Queen

I have to admit to believed Elton John played the Pinball Wizard, however there wasnt a character called this, but the song in the film was referring to Tommy, therefore I will accept the answer Rodger Daltrey

17) Uma Thurman's yellow catsuit in Kill Bill volume 1 was based on a famous costume worn by which actor in which film?

Bruce Lee, and the film was Game Of Death

18) Robert Redford paid Demi Moore 1 million pounds in which 1993 movie, and what was it for?

Indecent Proposal, and it was to sleep with him

19) Which musical film featured camp pop stars, The Village People?

Can't Stop The Music

20) Which famous actress was quoted as saying the following: "Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for kiss, and fifty cents for your soul."

Marilyn Monroe (R.I.P)
    Last edited by Bryan; 07-09-2006 at 19:19.

so far I've had two entries in, and I'm pleased with them, becuase they were honest, they told me what came to their heads, I knew they didn't cheat, that's what I'm after really. At the end of the day if you cheat, your only cheating yourselves.

I've entered the quiz. Some of them i knew but there were a couple that I just couldn't think of the answers.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Talk about hard!! hah!! but looks fun... I shall PM my answers soon

The answers have been edited in above, the scores for the first quiz are:

Johnny Allen (12 right)

Jessie Wallace (12 Right)

Jojomum (8 right)

Squillyfer (8 right)

Chloe o brian (6 right)

Crazylea (2 right)

Siobhan (3 right)

Well done everyone! And thanks for taking part in quiz 1

I must admit some of the questions were hard, but I wasnt sure if any of you would cheat, known of you did, which I'm produ of, so the questions will be slightly easier from now on, and I have decided to keep away from the multiple questions as they are hard to mark, as people can get so near yet so far. Anways if you have any queries you know where to find me

Next Quiz Up Tomorrow!

oh i forgot about this quiz! not that id have known many of the answers anyway lol! cant wait for the next quiz
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information