Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Girls To Be Axed?

Bad Girls To Be Axed?

I read this article in today's Sun:

Bad Girls to be killed off
    By SARA NATHAN
    TV Editor

BAD Girls is being axed after ratings slumped, TV Biz can reveal today.

ITV bosses had been on the brink of dumping the prison drama for weeks — now insiders have admitted: “It’s finished.”

The show will end after the current eighth series, but production firm Shed already has a new prime-time drama to replace it.

Rock Rivals — billed as a cross between the X Factor and Footballers’ Wives — is about two warring record labels run by an ex-husband and wife. An ITV source said: “There’s lots of sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll.”

A pilot is being filmed and the series is set to start next autumn.

Bad Girls began in 1999 and has shocked viewers with lesbian romps, drug taking and violent bullying.

The show was recently dealt a blow when sexy Danielle Brent quit her role as bitchy Natalie.

ITV boss Simon Shaps insisted last night: “Absolutely no decision has been taken about the future of Bad Girls — and won’t be until after this series ends when we can sit down and assess its performance in total context.”

Awww thats a shame i love Bad Girls i think its one of the best dramas around x

Hallelujah, about time. It was excellent for the first 3-4 series, but it went down hill after that. Glad they are finally coming to their sences and getting rid of it.

im really upset they have axed it as i love bad girls and i think it is a fab show

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

i can't believe they are axing one of the best shows on tv at the moment. i love the show and it'll be greatly missed if the producers do decide to axe it at the end of the 8th season

It was slightly obvious it was gonna come to an end soon, but they never re-comission a series until the current one has ended, not all the time anyway! Ill be gutted to see it end but it has run its course

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

I love Bad Girls...be gutted to see it axed.

ohh i liked bad girls ITV dramas have just gone really we lost footballers wives and now bad girls noooooooo

I think that this series should be the last as it seems to be on a bit of a downhill slope, quality wise.
    I really enjoyed series 1-6, with series 1 & 2 being my favourites but this current series is bordering on ridiculous. It has had ridiculous storylines, too many new characters and too few older characters.

Series 1 was fantastic, with great storylines and fantastic characters and it didn't rely on stupid storylines to keep viewers i.e. the prison break-out in S8E1 was so stupid, unbelievable and not what Bad Girls is about. S1E1-4, about Rachel Hicks was such a simple storyline but the viewer became involved because it was well written and well acted and who can honestly say they didn't have tears in their eyes when Crystal sang Amazing Grace from her cell window?

I don't think Bad Girls will ever get back to that same standard.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I agree with you there Rob. The last few series have been dire, with the Fenner stuff etc - this one started on an up for me (slightly more entertaining) and somewhere near to where it was before, but it will never be as good as the first couple of the series and now thats its on the upwards again, should end it now on a more positive note than it would have been if it ended last year.

Thread Information