Thread: Anyone Remember The Murder Game?

Anyone Remember The Murder Game?

Hi, i was just wondering if any of you remembered this tv programme which was on a while back on BBC 1. It only lasted for one series unfortunately but it was a gameshow type thing where contestants were trained as detectives and had to solve the murder mystery of that woman who was killed in the church. And there were suspects played by different actors and actresses and there were different twists and turns in each episode...and every episode two detectives at the end were given two locations..one met no one while the other met the killer..and the one who met the killer was out of the game!

I used to love this show! It was brilliant, original and kept me on the edge of my seat! Shame they didn't do another series because it deserved one, a brilliant programme!

I think the killer turned out to be Trevor somebody..

Anyway does anyone else remember this tv programme that was on a few years back?

Oh man I remember this prog!!! I was actually talking to a mate about it a few weeks ago (about that, and randall and hopkirk deceased with Vic and Bob in it!)

It was actually quite scary, as each week one contestant had to go and find a clue and sometimes met the killer......

I wonder why it only lasted one series?
    Last edited by Pinkbanana; 21-08-2006 at 00:24.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

OH MY GOD - I remember this and i loved it. I thought i must of like dreamt it though because no one else i know can remember it, and th adverts for it was the police white outlines of a person!
    At the end i guessed it was the other person but i love all the murder mystery stuff and i loved that program all the different twist and stuff, i wish they'd do another one it was really good!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbanana
    Oh man I remember this prog!!! I was actually talking to a mate about it a few weeks ago (about that, and randall and hopkirk deceased with Vic and Bob in it!)

It was actually quite scary, as each week one contestant had to go and find a clue and sometimes met the killer......

I wonder why it only lasted one series?
    It may have been because of bad ratings..but i don't understand why not many people would watch it as it was fresh, original and exciting.

I remember the series started in the 9pm slot but as the series went on it got moved to an even later slot at 10:20pm i think it was!...so this could be because of the ratings.

i remember it!!!!! i really liked it

i remember it, me and my friend talked about it a lot when we were supposed to be listening in history. it was so great! we had to tape it because it was on at a funny time and i wasnt allowed to stay up but i remember the farmer guy won!
    didnt he guess it was the ex boyfriend rather than the guy who lived on a boat?
    Dennis: I lie here, night after night and I listen to you, in there. And I can here you movin' about and I know you're no more asleep than I am. And I think, what would happen...what would happen if I just got up now, walked in her room, shut the door behind me...didn't say a word...just got into bed with her...what would she do?

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_aimee_123
    i remember it, me and my friend talked about it a lot when we were supposed to be listening in history. it was so great! we had to tape it because it was on at a funny time and i wasnt allowed to stay up but i remember the farmer guy won!
    didnt he guess it was the ex boyfriend rather than the guy who lived on a boat?
    Yeah that's right..i think the ex-boyfriend was Trevor Doby and he was the murderer so the farmer man guessed he was the killer and he won.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I used to love this! I don't get why they didn't commission it again, as it was brilliant! I remember when the last two were going around at the very end to see who had won, and you were on tender hooks as to who was going to get "killed" and who was going to win. Bry and I were talking about this only the other day.

Thread Information