Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Beale

If he isn't Lucy's killer, then maybe he leaves with Lauren to go off travelling

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (19-11-2014)

Peter Beale takes centre stage on EastEnders next week as he returns to Albert Square with plans to pop the question.

The Walford market trader is ready to make a big commitment to his girlfriend Lauren Branning, but his proposal doesn't go according to plan when a Beale family drama overshadows the happy moment.

Here, Ben Hardy - who plays Peter - reveals what fans can expect from a big week for his character.

What makes Peter want to propose?
    "I think he's a bit young, but Peter's a bit of a romantic. At this point, he's 20, soon to be 21 and he thinks Lauren is the one.

"Peter also wants a new chapter after the whole Lucy thing, so he sees it as a way of starting afresh. So he thinks, 'I'll propose to Lauren and this will be my new adventure and I can stop thinking about Lucy'."

Why did Peter go off to New Zealand?
    "I think he had already planned to go to New Zealand to see his half-brother Steven. His want to go travelling hasn't gone away. If he could have afforded it, he would have taken Lauren with him. But it hasn't really cleared his head because all Steven would talk about was Lucy."

When Peter returns, he goes straight to Max to ask for his blessing to propose to Lauren. How does it go?
    "Peter decides he's not going to plead with Max, he's just going to tell him and get to the point and maybe earn his respect that way. In doing that, he wins Max over. If he had gone to him and nicely asked, Max might have blown him out of the water. So he's like, 'I want to marry Lauren, I love her and you're going to let me!'"

How would he feel about having Max as a father-in-law, though?
    "It's a tricky one, isn't it? When your father-in-law has previously had sex with your dead sister! But Jake Wood (Max) is a good dancer. Maybe that's why Peter likes him! I don't think they will ever be friends, but they have a mutual respect for each other."

Why does Peter choose to propose in front of the Brannings and the Beales?
    "That's not how I would propose! It's a bit of an odd choice but Peter loves his family, his friends and just wants them all to be there and share it with them. But I don't think Lauren minds that too much."

Does Peter think Lauren will say yes?
    "He's very hopeful she'll say yes, but he's still nervous. His family life is so up in the air. He's almost like a father to his own father Ian at the moment. He's been looking after Ian. It would be Peter's ideal to have a stable home and maybe children. That's something he has never had. He's had a new mum every few years with Ian's five wives!"

Peter's proposal doesn't go according to plan, does it?
    "Secrets come out involving the Beales. That's as much as I can say."

We know that Lauren doesn't accept the proposal straight away…
    "Because of the commotion that happens during the proposal, that interrupts everything after Peter has asked the question. Peter has to deal with something in the Beale household and then come back to find out Lauren's answer. He doesn't know Lauren is having a heart-to-heart with Max, but he is worried about her answer."

Would you like a big EastEnders wedding?
    "Like Pat and Frank back in the day? No, no jellied eels!"

Peter is also seen by fans as a prime suspect in Lucy's murder!
    "I can see why, but I think the motive is very thin. Lucy was the favourite with Ian. I used to think my brother was the favourite son, but I wasn't going to kill him! But it is EastEnders. I don't think it is Peter, but I can see why people might think so. People do ask me all the time when I'm out and about. I say, 'I don't know'. They go, 'Oh shut up, yeah you do!' but I say, 'No, I actually don't' and that's the end of the conversation!"

Would you be disappointed if the killer was Peter?
    "I think I would be disappointed because I don't think it would make sense. But as an actor I would enjoy playing it, so I'm torn."

How are things between Peter and Ian after the revelations about Rainie?
    "Peter is a bit of a mug. Ian apologises and Peter just accepts that, and they go back and forth with him forgiving him. But he's only got one dad so that's the way it goes. So they are back to being father and son.

"I don't think the fact Ian was with a prostitute bothered Peter that much, because it's not Ian's first time, but I think the fact it was on the night Lucy died and he lied about it really annoyed him. But Peter is used to forgiving Ian. It's a cycle that keeps on happening."

What's in store for Peter at Christmas?
    "There may be some romance in the Beale family. Some new romance."

How will Peter react when he finds out that Lucy's wallet and phone have been discovered?
    "I think he would ask questions, but it all depends on what happens with Lauren. He's taken a step away from the Lucy thing. He's spent the last six months of his life traumatised by her death, wanting to find out who did it. So he's stepped back, let the police take over and got on with his life."

How do you feel about the live week coming up for the 30th anniversary?
    "I'm really looking forward to it, it should be good. It'll be nice to do something a bit different. No-one is actually there when you film on the lot, so compared to being on stage, it feels less nerve-wrecking than that even though more people are watching it. I'm not feeling too nervous about it at the moment, but nearer the time I might be!"

What if Lauren is connected to Lucy's death?
    "Peter would be very upset. His trust would have been betrayed."

Do you think there's anyone Peter would cover for if he found out who the killer was?
    "I think it depends what the circumstances were. Whether it was an accident or if it was manslaughter, maybe he would show some sympathy. But if it was all-out murder, I think he would want justice no matter who it was.

"It's good that the fans want to know, but I want to know more than they do! We all talk about it here and come up with theories. A lot of people say Jane, Peter. I think it's the timing with Jane, she came back just before Lucy died and now she's come back just before the reveal.

"My personal theory is it's Ian Beale. I'm 100% sure of that, but I'm almost afraid to say it in case I get it right and they change it. I think it was manslaughter or an accident. Dominic Treadwell-Collins has said the killer doesn't necessarily have to get caught and go to prison, which is normally a soap law."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-11-2014), tammyy2j (25-11-2014)

Was tonight Ben's last day filming?

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Was tonight Ben's last day filming?

I thought he would just leave, he couldn't stay and live with Ian and the others after the reveal

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-02-2015), lizann (21-02-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought he would just leave, he couldn't stay and live with Ian and the others after the reveal
    I wonder what he's going to do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    he may tell lauren about bobby, i think peter as her twin feels responsible for lucy's death plus him getting her drugs and needs someone to pay can hope we see vigilante peter targeting his own family did lauren abort his kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    he may tell lauren about bobby, i think peter as her twin feels responsible for lucy's death plus him getting her drugs and needs someone to pay can hope we see vigilante peter targeting his own family did lauren abort his kid?

Peter will be seen again. Remember that was a live episode and he has still been filming in the last month or so.

I really hope Lauren goes with him to New Zealand, I want a happy ending for them

Thread Information