Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Beale

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    [B]Refresh my memory,,,,,,,,,, where did Lucy go ????
    Lucy has gone to Devon to stay with her grandmother, I think.

Thomas Law has teased that his EastEnders exit prompts Jane to conclude that Peter did push Glenda down the stairs.

Viewers are still in the dark as to who sought their revenge on Glenda Mitchell following her outburst at Ben Mitchell's homecoming party. It was previously confirmed that Peter is being written out of the BBC soap - but that a return is possible at some point in 2011.

Speaking about the storyline, Law told Soaplife that Peter warns Glenda to "stay away from his dad" but is overheard by Phil Mitchell - who subsequently accuses him of being the attacker at a family meal.

"Glenda's there too and Peter can see his dad's worried about what she might say," he said. "So to protect him Peter exclaims that Glenda deserves everything she got, then rushes out. He goes home, packs a bag and leaves after handing Bobby a card for Jane."

He continued: "It just says 'I'm sorry'. Jane bursts into tears. She thinks he did push Glenda!"

Asked about a return to the soap, Law added: "I don't know. They're leaving the door open. That's all I can tell you."

EastEnders newcomer Hetti Bywater has revealed that she would like Thomas Law to return to the soap as Peter Beale.

The actress, who plays Peter's twin sister Lucy, explained that she would be keen to work alongside Law if show bosses decided to bring back his character.

© BBC

Asked who she would cast to play Peter in the future, Bywater told Inside Soap: "I'd like Thomas Law to come back to EastEnders. I haven't met him, but I've heard he's very nice.

"I thought his portrayal of Peter was really good when I used to watch the show with him in it."

Law played Peter from 2006 until late 2010, when the character bowed out from Walford.

Bywater, meanwhile, has been on screen as Lucy since the beginning of the year - taking over from Melissa Suffield in the role.

Ben Hardy has taken over the role of Peter Beale and will debut in the summer in Eastenders

EastEnders bosses are bringing back Peter Beale with a new actor in the part.

Newcomer Ben Hardy has taken over the role of Peter, who will arrive back on Albert Square in the summer.

© BBC
    Ben Hardy as Peter Beale.

Peter will be an instant hit with the local girls when he re-joins Walford. Now more confident, he finds it hard to say no to their advances.

Hardy commented: "I'm really excited to be joining the fantastic cast of EastEnders - a show which my family have watched for years. I can't wait to step into the shoes of a character with so much history and am looking forward to getting stuck in."

Previously played by Thomas Law, Peter was last seen on screen in December 2010, when he left the Square to live with his sister Lucy and their grandmother in Devon.

The teenager enjoyed a life of sun, sea and surf during his time away, but his relationship with Lucy turned sour when he started seeing her best friend Leanne.

© BBC
    Hetti Bywater as Lucy Beale.

With his new-found confidence and cheeky nature, Peter is more than a match for feisty Lucy as the siblings are reunited in Walford again - but whether she'll be pleased to see him remains to be seen.

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman said: "Ben's a wonderful addition to the EastEnders cast and I am sure he will be popular with the audience. Having Peter back in the Beale fold helps cement the next generation of the Beale clan, a family who exist at the true heart of the show.

"Ian's wonderful relationship with Denise and the inclusion of Lucy, Peter and Bobby in the household will reinvigorate the clan with vibrancy and energy. I am really looking forward to seeing them all together on screen."

EastEnders will air Peter's return scenes in July.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Timalay (19-04-2013)

EastEnders bosses are bringing back Peter Beale with a new actor in the part.

Newcomer Ben Hardy has taken over the role of Peter, who will arrive back on Albert Square in the summer.

© BBC
    Ben Hardy as Peter Beale.

Peter will be an instant hit with the local girls when he re-joins Walford. Now more confident, he finds it hard to say no to their advances.

Hardy commented: "I'm really excited to be joining the fantastic cast of EastEnders - a show which my family have watched for years. I can't wait to step into the shoes of a character with so much history and am looking forward to getting stuck in."

Previously played by Thomas Law, Peter was last seen on screen in December 2010, when he left the Square to live with his sister Lucy and their grandmother in Devon.

The teenager enjoyed a life of sun, sea and surf during his time away, but his relationship with Lucy turned sour when he started seeing her best friend Leanne.

© BBC
    Hetti Bywater as Lucy Beale.

With his new-found confidence and cheeky nature, Peter is more than a match for feisty Lucy as the siblings are reunited in Walford again - but whether she'll be pleased to see him remains to be seen.

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman said: "Ben's a wonderful addition to the EastEnders cast and I am sure he will be popular with the audience. Having Peter back in the Beale fold helps cement the next generation of the Beale clan, a family who exist at the true heart of the show.

"Ian's wonderful relationship with Denise and the inclusion of Lucy, Peter and Bobby in the household will reinvigorate the clan with vibrancy and energy. I am really looking forward to seeing them all together on screen."

EastEnders will air Peter's return scenes in July.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-04-2013)

a hit with local girls who are they whitney and lauren again

lets hope he can act
    Last edited by lizann; 19-04-2013 at 21:07.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    a hit with local girls who are they whitney and lauren again

lets hope he can act
    Well at least it won't be Lucy this time....

The old Peter actually looked like Ian, I see they haven't bothered with this one!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

EastEnders newcomer Ben Hardy has revealed that he wants romance to be on the cards for his character Peter Beale.

Peter returns to Walford at the end of this week and later renews his friendship with ex-girlfriend Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa).

Hardy told Inside Soap: "He's a lot more confident with women now. Peter and Lauren have a bit of history, so there are probably still some feelings from when they went out before. They were childhood sweethearts, and that doesn't just go away overnight.

"But there are a lot of good-looking ladies on the Square - so I think I'd like to see Peter enjoy a bit of romance!"

The 22-year-old was announced as the new Peter in April. Thomas Law was the last actor to play the role, making his final appearance in December 2010.

Discussing the challenges of the recast, Hardy commented: "I'm sure there are some avid Thomas lovers out there who might not adjust to Peter having a new face, so it's just about weathering the storm and hoping the viewers get used to me. I know that some people really don't like change!

"I didn't purposefully go back and look at Thomas's work, but I did used to watch EastEnders when he was playing Peter. So I've still got those memories and essential qualities that he brought to the role.

"I don't want to ignore what he did, but at the same time, I'd like to put my own stamp on it."

EastEnders airs Peter's return scene this Friday (June 7) at 9pm on BBC One.

Thread Information