Thread: Alternative Therapies

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

Alternative Therapies

What are everyones thoughts on alternative therapies??

I regularly take Evening Primrose and Garlic Capsules and when I start getting a cold, I start taking Echineacea and I find that my colds dont last as long as they used to, when I get them which isn't very often.

I also did a reflexology course, and find it very relaxing too.

I think there is a lot of help that these can give. I find that if I don't take the Evening Primrose, I can get really knarky, very quickly.

i used herbal medicine before my wedding because i had severe flare up of excema and stressed about it! so after trying all of it and 3 weeks before wedding threatening to cancel it all i tried the medical herbalist. have to say i didnt think it would be work but after chatting to her she gave me some tablets for nerves and stress and i felt so much better, excema stopped itching and cleared up! actually had teh smoothest loveliest skin for my wedding! and the tablets were excellent for nerves, i wasnt at all nervous on my wedding day, i stood up in front of all my family and said my vows ( i hate chatting in huge groups of people) and had a lovely day being the centre of attention ( something i was also dreading!) im now a alternative therapies convert. I would love to do reflexology course. and im really into crystal healing at the mo. i ahve a list of crystals i need for eveything that is wrong ion the family! hope to do a course in that soon.

I take evening primrose everyday. I started taking it when I was pregnant with Marley and just contiued to take them. I'm not sure about the reflexology although I know people who have had it done and they loved it. I just have a phobia about anyone touching my feet.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i too have a phobia about my feet but had reflexology after much persuasion and it was fine. after a few mins, i forgot all about my feet.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    As well as learning how to do it, I've had it done, and its so relaxing. It takes a couple of mins to get used to it and to totally relax, but once you do, its lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    What are everyones thoughts on alternative therapies??

I regularly take Evening Primrose and Garlic Capsules and when I start getting a cold, I start taking Echineacea and I find that my colds dont last as long as they used to.
    I take the above as well. Echineacea is fantastic!!!!

Yeah, Im a one for taking my vitamins (Holland and Barrett must love me!) which use to include multi-vit and mineral tablets, Aloe vera, extra vit C and E, peppermint and marshmallow, and cod liver oil etc...!!

Have cut down, cause read in loads of papers a few months back, that taking too many vits can do more harm than good. Plus really you cant beat a balanced diet with plenty of frsh fruit!

Oh the reason I came on this read to post was because I heard on Radio Two a few weeks back some peeps raving about cider vinegar and how its really good for general health!!! So going to give it a try (she said swigging on the bottle, er....dont recommend you take it neat! Add water! lol).

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

I use a lot of alternative therapies....
    I go for the lot ranging from Lavender spray, and herbal teas... to Peppermint and Nutmeg spray

I also use the crytals and stone... I have a massive collection, each stone has the personal meaning for me.... I also do Angel Card readins as part of an alternative therapy outlook and I must say it really does work
    Louise is baaaaaaccccckkkk

I've just started on Wheatgrass. Tastes disgusting but the energy is gives you is amazing. All natural as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I've just started on Wheatgrass. Tastes disgusting but the energy is gives you is amazing. All natural as well.
    I could do with energy in bucket loads. How do you take it?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information