Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Who's" the Daddy!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

"Who's" the Daddy!

It was announced on Radio Two that Doctor Who will have a son!

Apparently, in order to prevent the Doctor Who series dying completely, they will need to bring in the son, to carry on the Doctors legacy. Time Lords can only regenerate 13 times and David Tennant is currently the 10th Doctor so time is running out. At the point in which the Doctor has regenerated 13 times, the son will then become the New Doctor as he will also be a Time Lord.

The son will be talked about apparently during series 3!!

Is Dr Who going to last that long then? I hope so but I doubt it...

and we have to have 3 more doctors before we have to worry about a son surely...after all tennant is doing 2 series, so if all these doctors did aswell then thats another 6/7 years at least!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I hate to say it (apologises to Abs in advance ) but I think it will have finished again by then.

But, thats what was said and it had already been hinted at in Series 2 when he said he used to be a father.

We shall see eh.

i think that introducing a son could be a jumping the shark moment (love that phrase).

maybe as the time lords have gone he will have a new set of regenerations/unlimited because they cant watch over him (not sure how they work)

or if the timelords due comeback, he could do some so courages and his reward is a new set of regenerations.

I would rather see at end to dr who, an emotioanal end as the doctor dies, and the show finishes on a high.

no they cannot end dr who - its a legacy! i dont want him to have a son but if its the only way to keep the show going - then im all for it!
    im back everyone!!!!!!

In my copy of Now theres a little article on it, it says...

"Filming has just begun on the next series of Doctor Who, featuring the Doctor's new sidekick Martha Jones (played by Freema Agyeman), and it promises to be packed full of suprises. Sarah Parish shows up alongside Catherine Tate as a spiderwoman! however the biggest shock is rumoured to be that we the Doctor is actually a dad. Well, it does get lonely in space...."

Quote Originally Posted by lollymay
    no they cannot end dr who - its a legacy! i dont want him to have a son but if its the only way to keep the show going - then im all for it!
    I know it will be soooo sooo werid when his so takes over, i think it will take some getting used to

Well isn't he already a granddad or something I'm sure it was mentioned in the series just gone. I get all confused with all this Doctor Who talk we'll just watch and find out!

But lke Bryan said, that means it could go on forever.David is now doing his second series and i have a feeling he might go on to do a 3rd (maybe) but even if he decides not to the doctor can still change 3 more times, and if all of them do 2 series' each, then that is like other 6 old years. Will they really be able to carry on Doctor Who with a son?

Quote Originally Posted by Layne
    Well isn't he already a granddad or something I'm sure it was mentioned in the series just gone. I get all confused with all this Doctor Who talk we'll just watch and find out!
    oh yer i forgot about this, god this keeps getting more and more confusing!

Thread Information