Thread: Am I Pregnant?

Am I Pregnant?

Ok I'm wondering if anyone is psycic on here,
    I was due on my period at the end of July...it still hasn't arrived im normally regular, three test all say neg so far, but i'm so tired at the moment maybe I'm just really early or just late and its wishful thinking.

So let me know your views

If three pregnancy tests all say negative then you almost certainly wont be pregnant, maybe your stressed or over tired and your periods can become irregluar or alter if they are the case.

I would try a sensitive pregnancy test which detects the Hcg hormone up to 3 days before your period is due.It has been known for some women to show negative several times when taking home pregnancy tests, but have had a positive result via a blood test.

It may be that you are not pregnant and are just stressed or coming down with something. If nothing happens in the next couple of weeks, and tests are still negative, I would visit your GP.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Do you have reason to believe that you could be pregnant??

Like Dr T said, many things can cause late periods, stress, putting on weight, losing weight, taking medication etc. Leave it another week, if no sign then, use another early indicator test (early response etc). If still no sign, but still a negative result, go and have a chat with your GP.

This waiting things hard, I'm leaving it a couple of weeks, my periods are normally like clockwork, we are trying at the moment, so fingers crossed.

Don't think I'm stressed at the moment unless i'm stressed and I don't know! Hmmmm - Now i'm stressing that i'm stressed and i don't know

when i had pregnancy symptoms i had 2 pregnancy tests both were neg i began with the symptoms and started to put weight on so had another test and it was positive so you could be pregnant! why dont you go to your doctors and let them test you

When I was pregnant with my second child, I had two negative pregnancy tests followed by a positive ones a few days later. Basically, to get a positive result depends on the levels of the pregnancy hormone in your body. With some women they get a huge surge very early on, while others it takes time to build up, hence the negative result.

If in doubt visit you GP and ask them to take a blood test.

I wish you all the best and hope the result is a good one. Keep us updated.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

Definately pop in the GP and speak to them. I have known someone who never had a positive result from a test, but has 5 kids....So it's worth speaking to the GP to put your mind at rest. If you are congratulations, and if not then Good luck for the next month!

Thread Information