Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running

Question Running

I am in the middle of training for a 10k and am having trouble with concentrating and motivating myself any tips?

You just really have to get aut of bed and do it, when i did mine i used to do it listening to music or Run to somewhere. Also i ran in Circles not just to a place then back again as i found that boring. Try rewarding yourself as you do it.

Have you tried joining a running club. It helped me, though not long after I joined I got pregnant.

I find listening to some up beat music (on head phones) helps motivate me, and stops me getting distracted whilst running!

Also having a running partner is a good idea, and setting yourself little personal goals (either in terms of distance or time).

Good luck

i either get my ipod which helps me, or i do what pinkbanana said and set myself a goal for example oh im going to run 2 miles and see how fast i can achieve it!

If it's raining or you can't go out to train, why not put some music channels and have a work out of jogging on the spot increasing speed and time. My dad trains a lot for running and cycling and he has a walking machine, they are good.

Think I need to take my own advice from 2006, the problem Is I'm really strugglingmotivating myself at the moment.

I think it the weather. It to cold and unappealing to dig out those trainers!! Time is running out though, two moths till the Manchester run

Think I need to take my own advice from 2006, the problem Is I'm really strugglingmotivating myself at the moment.

I think it the weather. It to cold and unappealing to dig out those trainers!! Time is running out though, two moths till the Manchester run

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (07-03-2013)

Katy, try and set aside a time each day for running. I found that this is the best way (for me) when exercising. That way it becomes part of your daily routine. However I confess I don't go running if it's snowing or icy out as obviously there are dangers to it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tango_victor For This Useful Post:

Katy (26-03-2013)

I did 4 and a half miles to day so nearly up to my ten k. I just need to get a bit quicker, my stamina appears to have vanished for some reason!! Have about 6 weeks to do though so it's doable.

Thread Information