Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Caught up with the wave's

Caught up with the wave's

Caught up With the Waves!!
    Brand new soap board fiction!!
    this new online soap is a new direction of soap/drama.it includes Sex,secrets,blackmail,Drug dealing,murder,ilegal street racing, and much more
    Cast list:Shayne ward,shane richie,kelly brook,phillip oliver,jenifer ellison and the great justin lee collins plus loads more top stars from todays top T.V
    synopis: Young kid is taken in by rich uncle in brighton after his brother is imprisoned for his crime.soon as arrives he gets into several scraps with several gangs until he meets a barman who helps him fit in...after falling for the the mayors daughter!

Q and A about Caught up with the waves
    Q:what is caught up with the waves about?
    A:this is the boards newest soap but will be diffrent to hinston high and Devon sea's they are the eastenders/corontaion street here this is going to be much lighter yet still dramtic like a hollyoaks type show
    Q:how many characters are there?
    A:many characters will roam in and out yet only the main characters( later shown) will be the stars well of series 1 anyway
    Q: The cast are quite stunning why is that?
    A:Well on hand it could draw people in through sex appeal but mainly cast on how I see the show in my mind I see the gavin character looking like shayne ward and Benny couldnt be played by anyone else other than justin lee collins.The cast are all glamarous and the modern pin ups of todays TV
    Q:what kind of people will like this
    A:teenagers and open minded people I want drama but a lot of comedy as well this is an escape from reality really.
    Q:will I find anything too rude
    A:well hopefully not theres going to be tounge in cheek humor and refrences's of sex and violence however just like devon sea's after hours on the mile high thread I also will post any explicit storylines on there!
    Q:how long will it last
    A:well this is a trial series to last the summer if its not popular it wont last and as I am leaving the country soon I might fall behind a bit but I do see myself to continue using this site in spain so I hope I will find time to write more

Oh fantastic!!!! I cant wait to read this, I really cant!!! (she saying reaching for the pills, doc said not to over do the excitement lol)

If D1 is behind it, its going to be great, very witty and candid.

characters

Gavin Jackson:moody 18 year old who has got in trouble with the law in essex his older brother takes the rap for his crime on the agreement he start again with uncle Tony in Brighton,once there he gets in a fight with several street gangs until Benny the barman helps him to his feet again.Falls in love with Kelly the mayors daughter who is secertly dating boy racer Tariq

Uncle tony Jackson(shane richie) takes gavin in after he realizes he was like him once upon a time so he accepts him into his life:tony has a huge Taxi buisness and wants it to stay a family buisness he is married with his childhood sweetheart and their son

Steph (debra stephenson) is tonys wife who intially dont trust gavin but warms to him as she see's a younger tony in there she is a warm person and a community gossip

Ant (charlie g hawkins)is tony and stephs son Ant is not tonys real son Ant was fathered by a man who raped her and he raised as his own Ant is yet to know.he is a unpopular kid at school people think he tries to hard to fit in and is over impresed with Gavin

Kelly (kelly brook)is the 'IT' girl of brighton and is the mayors daughter who is dating gang leader tariq who is using her she falls head over heels in love with gavin

Tariq(ray pathanki) is brightons bad boy deals with drugs involved with dangerous gangs steals cars you name it he does it is using kelly for her money

Benny (justin lee collins)is a barman at 'the rabbit' and quickly becomes gavins best mate and the shows comedy character is trying to become succsesful with his best mate Joe
    Joe(phillip oliver) is bennys best mate who is trying to keep spoilt rich girlfriend Clarissa occupied but has trouble contending because of his low paying building Job and strict father in law

Clarissa(jennifer ellison) is a spoilt brat much like ruby allen but on a grander scale and is always after the best things in life and wont be able to settle down

official trailer for 'caught up with the waves'

part music/part film (music by green day boulevard of broken dream's)
    we start by seeing a young man with shaven hair leahter jacket on with bag over his shoulder walking along a backstreet alley late at night

I walk a lonely road,The only one that I have ever known

the man scales a wall he hears some police sirens and hides in the shadows

Don't know where it goes But it's home to me and I walk alone

he continues to walk we see a flashback of him punching a man in his 40's and raising a tourque wrench above his head

I walk this empty street On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams,Where the city sleeps and I'm the only one and I walk alone

we then see an explosion and then see scantily clad women on a beach in brighton,several men drinking cocktails in a bar,

then a voice over says none of these people can see whats coming we then see the man with the leather jacket look straight in the camera
    with the beach behind him 'lifes never gonna be the same'

My shadow's the only one that walks beside meMy shallow heart's the only thing that's beatingSometimes I wish someone out there will find me Til then I walk alone
    CAUGHT UP WITH THE WAVES:coming soon to a soap board near you 7/8/2006
    Last edited by diamond1; 06-08-2006 at 17:34.

wow d1! Sounds exciting...it looks very different to Hinston High and Devon Seas like you said in your original post...the trailer is good...i can't wait to read the first installment.

episode 1

EP1:INT Essex police station
    A boy walks in a room filled with convicts all talking to their relatives the boy sits down oposite a convict
    convict:hello gavin
    Gavin:hello Jamie
    (the two lads hug)
    gavin:how are you?(looks at bruising on jamies head)
    jamie:fine...just a scrap
    gavin:im..sorry I didnt mean for this to happen
    Jamie:its ok
    gavin:if it wasnt for me you wouldnt be here
    jamie:ITS OK!!
    (everyone looks over)
    jamie:sorry im just a bit stressed you know (long pause)hows mum?
    gavin:I dont know have'nt seen her in a week shes done another runner
    Jamie:whats new
    Gavin:J this is wrong its me that should be where you are I beat Tommy up Im the one who whacked him the tourque wrench
    Jamie:I know
    Gavin:its not to late to admit the truth
    Jamie:and leave you here...listen gav you're the bright one you're the one who is going to get somewhere, im the waster im ok to stay here
    gavin:but
    jamie:but nothing..listen Im not stupid all tommys boys are still after you you wont get far if you stay here ...thats why ive arranged for you to live with uncle tony
    gavin:what?
    jamie:im hoping you can make something for yourself in brighton
    gavin:brighton? but J
    Jamie:take this...(passes him envelope)
    gavin:what is it
    jame:a grand...that should give you a head start now go get your stuff and go
    gavin:I dont know what to say
    jamie:dont say nothing to anyone thats what(gavin nods)now go ill see you in court
    gavin:bye J (gets up to walk off but turns round) ill make you proud I promise

ext:brighton pier gavin is holding a peice of paper with his uncles address on(gavin sighs) he see's several suped up cars bomb past at a fast speed Gavin sneers at their attempt at racing and walks on the pier,he see's a girl standing there crying
    gavin:you ok?
    girlsobs)yeah
    gavin:yeah looks like it
    girl:whats it to you?
    gavin:nothing but you look like you need someone to talk to
    girl:well I dont
    gavin:fair enough (leans on side of pier and stares out to sea)

INT
    uncle tony opens kitchen door
    tony:hows the dinner coming along?
    Steph:its ok but burnt (holds a plate in front of tony)
    Tony:looks great
    steph:are you sure about this?
    tony:what?
    steph:well we have'nt seen him since he was 5 and if he is anything like his mum and jamie
    tony:listen darling Jamie said he needed a chance to prove himself like I did once..remember?
    steph looks at him
    Steph:it was diffrent back then
    Tony:honey like it or not...life's never gonna be the same
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by diamond1; 06-08-2006 at 20:02.
    Saving Maves LifeMave and Tabbie a true story brought to you by the PinkbananaRead it or get LUSHED!!

A great start D1 and a potentially good storyline is developing too...i really like the script...this is getting exciting already!

All i suggest for you to improve is the layout, put spaces between different characters speaking and put characters names in bold...this will make the script a lot clearer to read..but it's up to you, do what you want. I did this improvement for Hinston High and i found that it helped.

EXT:brighton pier
    girl:have you waited long enough to say something maybe 'nice top will look better on my bed room floor?'
    gavin:what?
    girl:listen I know you think you are in with a chance but I have a boyfriend
    gavin: ok whatever but thats not why im talking to you
    girl: why are you talking to me?
    gavin: you look alone
    girl: ah right gotcha listen I know your game mate if you want a story wait until my dad gives out a public one my life is not my fathers ok so leave me be
    gavin:whoa Im lost now
    girl: im kelly Webster Daughter of george webster
    gavin:who?
    kelly: (looks surprised)you dont know who I am
    gavin: no not a clue or your old man at that
    kelly: oh
    gavin:so who exaclty is your dad?
    kelly: he is the mayor just been elected...so obviousley your not from round here
    gavin:what makes you say that?
    kelly:everyone here knows who we are
    gavin:yeah right...your pretty full of yourself then
    kelly:cheers..well excuse me (goes to walk off)
    gavin:its a compliment where I used to live the girls had no self respect they where cheap you on the other hand you seem classy
    kelly: aww you're so sweet (rolls eyes) you seem a chancer though
    gavin:yeah I am a chancer...in todays world you have to be!
    kelly smiles

INT
    Tony steph and ant are sitting around the dinner table awaiting gavin
    Ant:when is he going to be here im starving?
    Steph:we might as well tuck in
    Ant:nice one
    tony:no we wait..ok for gavin

EXT:brighton pier
    gavin:so why where you crying?
    kelly:family problems
    gavin:like what?
    kelly:like none of your buisness
    gavin rolls his eyes and looks on at the sea
    Kelly:so whats your name
    gavin: im gavin
    Kelly:kelly
    (they shake hands while a suped up car pulls up followed by some more a man gets out)
    man:whos the boy babes?
    kelly:tariq your here? oh he's just someone I me.....
    Tariq:you been crying?....is this to do with you boy?(looks at gavin)
    Gavin stares him out
    Tariq:say something then boy
    gavin:dont call me that
    Tariq: or what? (loads of gang members walk up behind tariq)
    kelly:look Tariq lets just go
    Tariq: ok babes (kisses kelly then looks at gavin) get lost boy and dont come back round here or else ill kill you yeah boy...
    gavin sneers at this
    gavin:well do it then hard man
    Tariq pushes gavin gavin responds with a punch all the gang members jump in and beat up gavin and leave him lying there
    Kelly:tariq??stop
    Tariq pulls out knife but stops when he see's gavin not moving
    Tariq:lets go all the gang drive off and kelly is dragged in Tariqs car she looks at gavin lying there lifeless...
    Saving Maves LifeMave and Tabbie a true story brought to you by the PinkbananaRead it or get LUSHED!!

Well done, I'm sincerely impressed with these two segments. I think 'caught up with the waves' has the potential to become a very powerful series.

Already we have very real and believable characters being established. Plus there’s an air of realism about it, pertaining to the character’s conversations, and how they engage with each other.

I’m looking forward to reading more, and I’m sure knowing, D1, there will also be some dark humour to come.
    Last edited by Pinkbanana; 06-08-2006 at 21:00.

Thread Information