Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Learner Drivers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by emma_strange
    Yaaaaay! I passed my theory test last week!

Thinking about booking in my practical today
    Congrats!! + Go for it when your ready!! xx

I have my first lesson soon, but i need my eyes testing first as i cant see the car numberplate in front so i think i need a new perscription.

wooooo good luck cornet:P i had to get my eyes done aswell driving is well addictive was cool didnt expect to drive at all on first lesson but did wooooo cant wait for next sat! good luck to anyone taking there test
    On my own I faced a gang of jeering in strange streets
    When my nerves were pumping and I
    Fought my fear in, I did not run
    I was not done

driving lessons/tests

hope i got this in the right catogorey. ive been really annoyed with my drinving instructor lately and thought id have a rant about it. what it is is ive been learnign to drive since january. ive had 30 lessons and took my theory in april. well i introduced my friend to him and she is now one of his pupils too. well she started a good month if not two after me and took her theory the last thursday. She hasnt had 30 lesson just yet and were both doing exactly the same things on our lessons. well so we thought. He told her on friday the day after her theory that she could go ahead and book her practical because the wait is so long that by the time it comes to it shell be ready. Everyone seems to think its just me being impaitent but the thing is im not. he told both of us that the nadverage person would need at least 40 lessons before a practical but he seems to keeping my back. i mean ive had 30 lessons and only done 3 point turns and reversing round a corner which ive done sooo many times i can do it in my sleep! its really bugging me and my friends the one that pointed the fact that shes not had as many lessons as me and that i should see if hes forgotten about my theory.
    i just wondered if anyone else had any proplems or advise to help me. its not that im not pleased for my friend i mena ive waited so long for it and i just want to drive now and to be held back its like a big kick in the teeth as if hes telling me im no good and hopeless but my mate is far better.

Any help or advice or anything would be much appreaciated!

I wish I could help, but the only thing I can think of is that she has picked it up quicker (and thats nothing to be ashamed at if you don't, everyone is different) so she may just be ready quicker. He may see things that you and your friend aren't aware of.
    I can't think of any reason why he would keep you back unless he thought you just may need a bit longer to be sure that you don't waste your money on the test until you are definately ready.
    Ask him when he thinks it would be best for you to book it, and see what he thinks you need more work on.
    I hope you do pass soon, Good luck!

change your instructor he sounds like no good

I think if you have had 30 lessons you should be able to book your test now
    Ask him if he thinks your ready or when you can book it and see what he says..
    you say you have done reversing round corners and 3 point turns but have you done parallel parking..

My sister has just booked her test and the earliest date she can get is the 25th of august..

Yeah it is a long wait, I passed my theory after about 27 lessons but then had to wait a while before we test so i did about 33 lessons before my test. But then i failed lol, for a really stupid reason i was kicking my self and now i have to wait over a month for my next test, so that means at least another 4 lessons.

Cooolio!! I found this on the AA site.. it's like a example theory test!! I will be practising this till im 17!! I need to see if they give like a full thing though.. (If I'm allowed to post this, go here to take it ) x

thanks for ur advise. he cancelled my lesson today as well. the lesson where iwas goign to ask him about the test and how i go about bookign it because of contacting him before i do it. i havent even touched the parrell parking where as the lesson my friend had the next day she started the parraell parking. hoping iwould i droped hints about my lesson but he just stuck me on those dreaded reversing round the corner. now knowing my luck when/ if i finally book it i bet reversing round a corner doesnt even come up.
    anyway ive decied im goign to give him two more lessons and if nothings said about booking my test with me asking about it then im getting rid of him! but ill let you know. thanks again.

Thread Information