Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft Dads and kids that use this

Soft Dads and kids that use this

I was reading an articule yesterday that a guy wrote saying when his wife was pregnant he was fully sure that he was not going to give into his childs demands, no junk food and only present when they deserved it.. He said that when the child was born he went completely against everything he says and now the child has him wrapped around their little finger..

I am just wonder a) how many dad/mums have said this, 2) if and when did you give in and c) from the kids point of view.. how many of you know how to work your parents to get what you want????

(oh and how many parents are now using Supernanny techniques to undo the bad work you did I know I am)
    Super Mod

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I know my kids all get away with everything with my hubby - he feels that as hes hardly at home, he doesnt want to spend all his time shouting at them or telling them off, so he is wrapped round their little fingers. Me however, I'm the baddie - I just have to look at them in a certain way and they know when they've done wrong. I used to have to put Ci in his room etc but now, hes good as gold. A lot of my friends have actually said that if their sons turn out like mine, then they'd be really chuffed and proud, so I must be doing something right. Lets just hope they stay the way they are lol

I use to think Charley was a monster when she had her trantrums and I have used the naughty step and chart techique which is working, then I saw "driving mum and dad mad" and my kids are angels compared to some of the kids on that programe

Charley has her dad wrapped but my partner now, I have to say, does support me in all thing to do with disipline so she knows she can't play us off.. Her dad will not back me on anything at all
    Super Mod

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    That is the one rule that we have that won't change - in front of the kids, we agree on everything, never disagree with anything in front of them and never let them play us against each other - if one says no, the other does too.

Sometimes, when you're having a bad day with them, the best thing to do it to watch one of those shows - you soon remember how good they are really lol

We aren't half as bad as the children who come on "Driving Mum And Dad Mad, Supernannt, Tiny Tearaways, Little Angels" etc.!

Erm.. I'd just ask kindly and have a 'quiet voice' on I shouldn't be telling you this

I'm not spoilt though, I don't get everything I want. Only those 'little things' like a new top or something I have my eye on. I want a lot of stuff I won't get but I'm glad I don't have it.. Sounds wierd but if I have everything then I don't have something to look towards to and then my parents would be in a way bad by making me a spoilt brat!! =| Those expensive things you have your eye on should be what you get when your older or for birthdays and christmas Though dad secretly gave in with the mini ipod.. but that was only because mum didn't know

Also as you prob. guessed, my dad spoils me more than mum.. I get along with dad the most and he gets along with me so yeah.. x
    Last edited by .:SpIcYsPy:.; 01-08-2006 at 14:43.

I was a really really good Kid actually. As for wrapping my dad round my little finger it depends what mood hes in. Hes better to ask for things compared to my mum though, but me and dad have more in common.

when i was a kid, i had my dad wrapped around my little finger to a certain extent but not over the top. i have a 4 year old nephew and he can be very bold and no matter what his mam says, he ignores her but when he's with my dad and being bold, my dad just talks him round without any tantrums or anything and my dad really spoils him!

if i want my mum to buy lots of extra food and stuff when i go to tesco with her then i just walk up to what im after (eg packet of chocolate cake bars) and say "i think we should get some of these" and drop them into the shopping basket. it works, too - we came home with loads of stuff that she certainly wouldnt have got if i hadnt been there!

but i have to say im not really the spoilt type - i cant afford to be cause i have two little brothers who need stuff too and my mum doesnt really get payed that much so we cant have it all unfortunately
    Last edited by Jada-GDR; 01-08-2006 at 16:33.

I haven't really got my parents wrapped round my fingers, i can get away with stuff under a fiver, but my parents won;t buy me stuff on a whim, i have to pay for it myself. if we are in tesco i can get away with some stuff, when my parents put the guilt trip on, as its normally bad stuff i want!!!

I realise how lucky I am with my son, I never get any of the hassles, and he's nearly 11 . (I know the teens are still to come ) He's always respected when no means no thank goodness, and we can discuss everything. I thank my lucky stars when I see some of the kidson the TV and papers. Just makes me wish I'd had more though!

Thread Information