Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Producers trying to get Susan Tully to return for xmas

Producers trying to get Susan Tully to return for xmas

Just read on another messageboard that the producers are trying to get Susan back (who played Michelle Fowler) to possibly film the final scenes of Wendy Richards character Pauline (Michelle's mum).

I hope this is true, because she's missed her dads funeral and to miss her mums final storyline would be just tragic. And surely Susan would want to tie up any lose ends with her character. Funny that she has never met her younger brother on screen though. So it'd be nice to see her bond with Martin if she ever did decide to come back - even if it was for a brief moment.
    The Connor family line up on the Corrie cobbles

i think she might make an apperance for the funeral if pauline dies

I personally can't see her coming back.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    I personally can't see her coming back.
    Me neither, she didnt return for Arfurs death, Marks death, Den's death, the death of any of best friend Miss Piggy's many lovers. Wishful thinking if they think Sue Tully will return to their ailing soap. When she left EE was deservedly a ratings topper not like the pale imitation it is now
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Very well said Alan. They may as well just film Pauline's (if she dies) funeral off-screen anyway to avoid an absolute farce. One bad thing if Michelle returned would be that she will bring Sharon with her.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I can't see her coming back to be honest - shes enjoying life behind the camera now rather than infront of it.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45
    Me neither, she didnt return for Arfurs death, Marks death, Den's death, the death of any of best friend Miss Piggy's many lovers. Wishful thinking if they think Sue Tully will return to their ailing soap. When she left EE was deservedly a ratings topper not like the pale imitation it is now
    Did you see EastEnders tonight? it is anything but an ailing soap.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Know
    Did you see EastEnders tonight? it is anything but an ailing soap.
    Exactly. I don't know what all this 'ailing' soap is about. It had low ratings when it was a hot summer night and there were only 10 million viewers to be had. Emmerdale had a very big storyline that had been advertised for weeks, and is still all over bill boards and magazines, that started at 7pm and continued through EE. It was bound to get good figures, in fact it should have done much better. But of course, since then, the knives have been out again for EE.

I don't know how people can compare past EE with today's EE. For a start, there were only 4 channels available and those 20 million+ figures will never be repeated. Secondly, you can't compare storylines. Times have changed. What shocked people 20 years ago, e.g. teenage pregnancy, HIV, drugs, a gay couple, wife beating, don't shock anymore. People seem to want big explosive crap like Emmerdale's latest disaster to the village, which personally I thought was hilariously bad, to family storylines. You only have to look at movies these days. All action and special effects and no storylines or scripts. And soaps are all suffering too. As I said, times have changed and I don't know what the answer is.

That said, tonight's EE was very well written and extremely powerful. EE have some very good new characters played by excellent actors and now have something to build on.

Back to Sue Tully. I would like to see her reappear, but I doubt very much that she will.

if she doesnt come back for wendy richards final goodbye then nothing will ever bring it back, we could do with a month of her back so we could do the grant father thing at the same time

A very sensible and accurately thought out post sarah.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Thread Information