Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: University Choices

Thanks for that Abbie. Surprisingly its come out about the same. Though for some reason if you put it to avoid motorways it goes down to about 98 miles

Yeah cos when it does the search the first time it will do it so you get there the easier and quickest route
    But if you avoid motorways it might be a shorter difference depends where the roads are going ie, some motorways may go around an area, if that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    My school are setting the deadline 2 weeks after the UCAS deadline for Oxbridge/medicine so it all seems quite close.
    thats when my school set our deadline for. my application wasnt actually finally submitted til a week before the xmas hols so it doesnt matter if you havent finished it by that time
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thanks for that Abbie. Surprisingly its come out about the same. Though for some reason if you put it to avoid motorways it goes down to about 98 miles
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Yeah cos when it does the search the first time it will do it so you get there the easier and quickest route
    But if you avoid motorways it might be a shorter difference depends where the roads are going ie, some motorways may go around an area, if that makes sense
    yeh as abbie said, the routes normally show the quickest/easiest/most direct route to somewhere. it might be a shorter distance if you dont use a motorway but it will probably take a lot longer
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    My school are setting the deadline 2 weeks after the UCAS deadline for Oxbridge/medicine so it all seems quite close.
    thats when my school set our deadline for. my application wasnt actually finally submitted til a week before the xmas hols so it doesnt matter if you havent finished it by that time
    Ours was sorta like that, our deadline was December 1st but by the time everyone sorted out the problems it was nearer the actual deadline. IN a way the college deadline didnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    Ours was sorta like that, our deadline was December 1st but by the time everyone sorted out the problems it was nearer the actual deadline. IN a way the college deadline didnt matter
    yeh i dont think your school can stop you applying after the deadline theyve set. they will probably moan at you but youll still be able to apply. otherwise just make an excuse saying youre going to an open day after the deadline so dunno what unis to pick til then!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Kim (02-08-2009)

I think they do early deadlines cos they know they wont get it done in time, cos the teachers have quite a bit to do as well lol

I think they do early deadlines cos they know they wont get it done in time, cos the teachers have quite a bit to do as well lol
    yeh and also cos then you do have time to be late! if they gave the deadline a week before the ucas deadline and then you were late then they wouldnt have time to do the references and stuff etc before it needed to be sent off
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Thread Information