Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: University Choices

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin
    I've applied to Doncaster, Bournmouth, Southampton and Middlesex

Main 2 are Bournemouth and Southampton to do Scriptwriting

Southampton requires 180 points ( which is 3 Cs if im correct) I loved the Uni and the Area but wasnt so sure about the course?

Bournemouth requires 300 points (3 bs) and is a better course.

At the mo i want to doss for a year at college and just get Cs so Southampton sounds like my likely choice.

I still want to apply to Bourenmouth but I have to write a 10-15 page script to them as part of my application, I HAVE to do it tomorrow and I have no inspiration at all
    are you able to use any of your devon seas for the script?

I reccommend Lancaster for anyone who's still stuck. I'm in my second year and absolutly loving it! I think deciding if you prefer city of campus uni's is important to consider. I love Lancaster as its on campus with the city bout 10 mins bus journey away (where I live now) and its also got loads of pretty countryside. However one of my friends wasn't so happy as she wanted a much noiser and bustling place (don't get me wrong though as Lancaster doea have lots of activity) so left in June and is now in Liverpool which is a city uni. I think how far you want to travel is important aswell. I'm now about 4 or 5 hours away from home and I don't mind the distance (although it is a bit annoying for "popping" home) but I know other people who prefer to stay much closer to home

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin
    I've applied to Doncaster, Bournmouth, Southampton and Middlesex

Main 2 are Bournemouth and Southampton to do Scriptwriting

Southampton requires 180 points ( which is 3 Cs if im correct) I loved the Uni and the Area but wasnt so sure about the course?

Bournemouth requires 300 points (3 bs) and is a better course.

At the mo i want to doss for a year at college and just get Cs so Southampton sounds like my likely choice.

I still want to apply to Bourenmouth but I have to write a 10-15 page script to them as part of my application, I HAVE to do it tomorrow and I have no inspiration at all
    They sound like good choices.

Ive applied for Law at Bangor, Chester, Lancaster, Oxford Brookes, and Staffordshire and Law with Criminal Justice at Bangor. Im looking at about 300 points for most of them which is BBB.

People i know have go offers all ready its well scary.

Bangor and Staffordshire have got back to me offering me a conditional offer of 280 to 300 points. Made me chuffed, the others are still pending.

Thought i'd dig up an old thread here

I've half decided on what i want to do. I want to do either just a Law LLB degree, or a Law and Criminology degree, which is still an LLB, not a BA.

I've applied for the Middlesex, London Metropolitan and LSE open days. The rest are in October. I want to stay in or around london though. I looove the look of Westminster though.

glad your getting close to deciding what to do. what is an LLB?

Its just a type of degree. Like you can do a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree. LLB is just a law degree, which also qualifys you to by-pass the theory stage of Law School, if you decide to go and continue on to become a Barrister.

ok ok that makes sense. sounds good then

I've got an open day next Wednesday for Teesside. I'm wanting to do crime scene science or forensic investigation. There's only 3 unis in the country that do the course I want that don't expect chemistry at A level. I'm worried about not getting any offers if I fail my AS but maybe I shouldn't worry about that yet.
    Last edited by Abigail; 12-06-2007 at 18:31.

Is one of the staffordshire, by any chance. My mates doing forensics, i didnt think he did chemesty.

Im doing the LLB Abi, with Criminal Justice, which is similar to criminology. They made it dead clear on the uni open days that you have to make sure that the Law part in the LLB if you want to go onto to do law, but you seem to know a lot more than i did when i first started the application stage. Im really looking forward now. I hope that i did enough in my exams today, i have passed and can now swot it for law next week.

BBC and im a bangor.

Thread Information