Thread: Martina Laird quits 'Casualty'

Martina Laird quits 'Casualty'

Casualty actress Martina Laird is to leave the BBC medical drama later this year when the new series begins.

Martina, who has played paramedic Comfort Jones since September 2001, filmed her final scenes earlier this week.

Of her decision to quit, the actress said: "It was a tough decision but we're always happy to take up new challenges. I'm very lucky to have had the opportunity to work with such wonderful people and play such a great character for five years."

An insider said: "The door has been left open for the character's potential return. Before she goes, however, let's just say that Comfort finds comfort at last - and it's no coincidence that actor Gerald Kyd is returning to reprise his role as Sean Maddox."

Martina's final scenes are due to air in October.

Last edited by Emmak2005; 26-07-2006 at 14:02.
    The Connor family line up on the Corrie cobbles

why do all the good ones always leave? does anyone know how her exit scene will be? I hope she has a good exit scene

$sTaCeY$

Quote Originally Posted by $sTaCeY$
    why do all the good ones always leave? does anyone know how her exit scene will be? I hope she has a good exit scene
    Hi Stacey. Thanks for replying. Anyway I presume it'll have something to do with the return of Dr Sean Maddox (Nurse Tina Seabrook's partner all those years ago).

That means we will need new paramedics, with her going and I think Nina is aswell (don't quote me on that).

Aw that's a shame because i really like her at the moment she's a brillaint actresse and i'm sure she will be sorely missed i think.

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

Awww I love Comfort
    and footie_chick nina is leaving yes

ohhh sean is returning. thats good bad about comfort going though

Quote Originally Posted by CornishBabe
    ohhh sean is returning. thats good bad about comfort going though
    Talking of Sean. Did you see the other real life Sean as in Sean Wilson in Casualty last night. He played Martin Platt in Corrie. Funny that he'd also had a cameo appearance in Silent Witness earlier this week too.

I am gutted that Comfort is leaving, i love her character and she is a great actress and she shown that throughout the Fin's murder storyline, she was brilliant in that storyline. After 5 years though, i don't blame the actress for wanting to leave, her character has done so much in 5 years so it's a logical decision for her wanting to move on.

Let's hope she gets the exit she deserves, she's been in the show for 5 years so she deserves a decent send-off!

Shes had some fab stories over the years, but in recent months she hasn't really had that many stories. Hopefully she'll get a great send off, which she deserves, and moves on to even better projects in the future.

Thread Information