Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Radio

Quote Originally Posted by chloe o'brien
    I listen to the local radio station, but its not the bbc one, its a comercial one "Real Radio"
    Isn't Real Radio Welsh?!? Or maybe there's more than one..
    Anywho, I listen to my local station sometimes RP But to be honest it's crap.... news every hour on the hour, every other half hour, weather forecast at 10 past the hour, which never actually changes during the day, lots of adverts, and not very good Djs, there's about 1 I like, and 1 of them has the most boring voice ever, and the music isn't really my thing either.. done ranting...

Real Radio have stations located in several areas. Wales, Yorkshire, Scotland and some other areas, but they're all different to one another.

Oh right, I never knew that thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by di marco
    i listen to the local radio, invicta fm, its not a bbc one though. the local bbc radio for my area, bbc radio kent, ive listened to a few times when ive been in the car but i dont really like it
    I caught a bit of Invicta the other week and it sounded a shadow of its former self. It's just like your average local commercial radio station now: presenters have little personality (only allowed to do short links every 3-4 songs), music is safe and bland e.g. The Corrs, Will Young; no interaction with the audience. Poor.

It's a far cry to the days when Invicta was really good in the late 80s and early 90s, when the likes of Caesar the Boogeyman ruled the Invicta airwaves.

Quote Originally Posted by cornetgal
    Does any one listen to there local BBC Radio station. I do sometimes and some of the shows are quite funny but they changed the name from GMR to Radio Manchester and they tried to make it all posh. Hopeful it will all change soon as the mancunion accents made it all the better.
    Although I am based in Southampton I do actually listen to an Isle Of Man station (called Energy FM). It's great because I can see what song is playing and what song is coming next on the Energy FM website. At the moment Frankie Goes To Hollywood "Two Tribes" (apparently produced by Trevor Horn) is playing and Faithless "Why Go" will follow after Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
    Last edited by Emmak2005; 30-07-2006 at 01:40.
    The Connor family line up on the Corrie cobbles

I can't stand the BBC one but listen to GWR FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmak2005
    Although I am based in Southampton I do actually listen to an Isle Of Man station (called Energy FM). It's great because I can see what song is playing and what song is coming next on the Energy FM website. At the moment Frankie Goes To Hollywood "Two Tribes" (apparently produced by Trevor Horn) is playing and Faithless "Why Go" will follow after Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
    There are a few stations that have that feature on their website. I know of one station which lists the last four tracks played as well!

I do not listen to the radio much only really when i am in the car and i listen to Real Radio.

I don't listen to my local station in fact i don't even know what it is, I listen to radio 1, but just Jo and Colin and Ediths show really, sometimes at the weekends depends when i'm on the computer to who i listen to.

You won't be listening to Colin and Edith for much longer, at least as a double-act....

Thread Information